Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
$181
$47
$122
$107
Priceline
All reviewsold townper dayhome stayhalf waylaundry servicerent bikesensuite bathroomhome away from homebeautiful gardenrooms are cleanmin walkgreat place to staygreat showerbaguettestayed here for nightscooking classthe location is perfect
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The Homestay itself is a nice place with a basic but very good breakfast, comfy rooms (eventhough the toilet started to stink after the first day..) and location is ok.
The only negative thing is the owner. We asked her about the laundry service they offer, 2USD a kilo and if they dry the clothes in the machine or hang it outside. She said either way is possible, whatever we prefer. So I asked her at least 2 or 3 times to please, please let it dry outside, NOT in the machine as some chlothes of mine would get damaged in the machine (they wash by hand not in the machine apparently). When we got back our laundry, 2 pieces were shrinked. So I asked the owner if they put it in the machine. After some discussions she admitted that her employee had put the clothes in the machine.. She then grabbed my shrinked blouse and said she would go to a tailor to do a "copy" of my blouse. Before I could say anything she already left with my blouse... When she came back (my second piece of clothing she just left somewhere at the reception, like a rag..) I told her I did not want a copy of my blouse in Vietnam as it was a present from my mother bought in South Africa just 2 months ago, worth 60USD. She then offered us a free laundry service which we rejected. She said I had to understand that it was a mistake and there was nothing she could do.. I told her that I understand it was a mistake, however, they have to make it good somehow. I said she could give me the 60USD but she just got more pissed and upset eventhough it was their mistake and she said she can not give me money for that but a copy of the blouse by using the buttons of the original blouse... I said I do not want that...The discussion with her was very unpleasant as she did not make any concession at all...Finally, I suggested she could give me at least 40USD, which she accepted reluctingly... Since then, she does not greet us, not even look at us and when we asked for new and clean pillowcases (second time by the way) she handed it over looking the otherway and very pissed. She is ignoring us because we confronted her with shrinked clothes and she is behaving like it was our fault...unbelievable and very unpleasant!!!!! This is not the way guests should be treated, especially not if the mistake was made by the host....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SaLo14
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed at Loc Phat for a week and loved our time there. Linh and her husband were very warm and welcoming. Rooms were beautiful-so new, modern and clean. I agree with earlier posts about there not being much privacy in the open plan bathroom. Towels need to be updated also. Wifi was sketchy at times too. We were invited to celebrate a Tet lunch with Linh and her family which was a great experience. The location was not a problem for us as the beach and Old Quarter was easily reached by bike or scooter each day. Bikes are $1 per day and the scooter was $5. Breakfast was generous and you were allowed as much as you wanted. A really lovely, family ran homestay!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kimmyj_99
Reviewed February 13, 2014

All in all, this hotel is very good value for money. We have been to Hoi An several times before, so the location outside of the old town didn't bother us. It would be more of an issue for first time visitors who want to experience the lanterns and old town every night without having to walk or cycle in. This hotel was the same price as a lower end hotel in town, and the value is so much better. The people who run this place are lovely. I have only two small negatives to mention: the bathroom is open to the rest of the room, so the toilet is quite public, and better quality towels would be a nice touch. Neither of these things would stop me returning, and I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clairemynn
Reviewed February 12, 2014

The rooms were amazing, easily could've been $200 USD for the same room in North America.
The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, and were always happy to give us tips on where to go and where to eat...make sure you take their advice on where to eat! The best food I had in all of Vietnam was from the two local restaurants that they recommended to us

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex S
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Summary
A little out of town, but with the $1/day bicycle hire, it's really no distance at all.
I would return to Loc Phat in the blink of an eye - we were so well looked after by the incredible owner, she could never do enough for us. Food is great. Although out of town, you're never far from anything you need, with the odd bar / restaurant just a few hundred meters from the gate.

Pros
BREAKFAST!!! Brilliant breakfast...
Very well run - by a lady who CAN - NOT - DO - ENOUGH, everybody likes to make their own way, but sometimes a little help goes miles.
Rooms are nice, very different to anywhere else we stayed.

Cons
The bikes are popular - but this means that the owners can't check every bike before it's sent out for the day. We had a bad experience with a persistent flat tyre one day, and a dicky chain another, but @ $1 a repair, it's really not an issue.

Top Tip
If you're stuck for dinner one night, and you don't fancy walking over the road to the great little eatery, the local pizza place, which does deliveries, is EXCELLENT (ask the lovely lady that runs Loc Phat).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple