“Perfect for some peace” 5 of 5 stars

Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa
Ranked #18 of 187 Hoi An B&B and Inns
“Perfect for some peace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The hotel is really lovely with a lot of thought and effort going into everything. Our rooms was spacious with very comfortable beds, a great bathroom and was very tastefully decorated. It doesn't have a pool or any real communal space like some of the other hotels that you can get for a similar price in the same area, but loc phat has lots of lovely personal touches that other places lack. And the breakfast is fabulous - poached eggs on fresh bread, a huge bowl of fruit and yogurt and a crepe.

• Stayed March 2013
11 Thank LazLeRo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Punkaharju, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really charming and cosy guesthouse a complimentary breakfast. The room with balcony was bright and stylish, and quiet. The owner LInh was very friendly and helpful with all sorts of things (schedules, tickets, trips etc.) with the idea that we are all one family. Good location in the middle of the beach and the city, two kilometers in each direction was easy to get to by bike. We stayed six happy days at Loc Phat Homestay. Thank you very much Mrs Linh.

11 Thank Oili L
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was excited to stay in a homestay for a little more of an authentic experience and to meet new people. First off, the facilities were unreal. So clean, and brand new. Everything always worked, it was absolutely great. The owners were also extremely helpful and friendly. I was fortunate enough to be there during their family reunion, so I got to meet their whole family, it was such a great experience.
They are located a km or two from town, but have bicycles you can rent for $2. It's only a 10 minute or so ride to town which is nice because you get to see the sights. It's also a 15 minute or so ride to the beach, but I only went there once. Loc Phat is located approx halfway between downtown and the beach, so it's a good location in that respect.
I absolutely loved staying here. It was the cleanest place I stayed on my whole trip. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here.
(also, the items in the fridge in your room and totally reasonably priced, I could only find the beer priced the same as them at one other store, everywhere else was more expensive, so help yourself knowing you're not getting ripped off).
The only downside is that there is a Church located nearby and you can hear them gong every night at 3am.

These are the photos that I took when I stayed there. They were not provided to me to use.

Room Tip: I stayed on a ground floor unit which is nice because then you have no stairs and can sit on the pat...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
13 Thank ckrieg
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Lovely b&b, brand new apartments in a great location about half way between the town centre and cua dai beach. We stayed in one of the apartments on the ground floor and it cost $23 a night including breakfast, with a dollar extra to rent bikes each day. Its about a 10 minute cycle from the town centre so we did end up using the bikes every day. The apartments were clean, spacious, nicely designed and the balcony looked out on a lovely garden area. Linh and Rocky work hard to provide a real family ambiance to the place and were very helpful in organising transport for us when we moved on. We here for four nights over Tet and could not have celebrated the new year in a better place. Linh cooked lunch for us twice over the Tet period to give us an experience of real Vietnamese cuisine which made the whole experience very special.

15 Thank RuthM264
Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Cannot recommend this place enough. Loc Phat are no longer a home stay, although this option is still available, they have completed a new small boutique hotel. The rooms are beautiful, the breakfast is very good, the location is spot on-half way between the beach and old town and very easy to cycle to both. Lots of bikes available for $1 per day. We stayed over the TET holiday and were welcomed to 2 family celebrations. We stayed for 1 week and were invited to 3 different meals cooked by Linn, the host and her family-great food. So wonderful hospitality, everything about this place is right. Thank you so much Linn and Rocky for making our stay one of the highlights of our trip.

15 Thank dalyansam
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I have stayed in 42 hotels in the past three months and Loc Phat was definitely one of our favorites. I believe the facility used to be a lot smaller and attached to the owners' house, but they recently built the existing structure: two beautiful, modern, 2-story buildings situated around a well-landscaped, peaceful patio and garden.

We stayed on the second floor of Loc Phat's "B" building beside the pleasant indoor-outdoor breakfast area. Our balcony room ($23 USD, including breakfast through Agoda) was spacious, very clean and very comfortable. The furniture and decorations were new and tasteful. What really makes Loc Phat, however, is the genuine, welcoming nature of the husband and wife owners. The husband explained the entire town to us (pointing out his own favorite restaurants), and the wife repeatedly asked whether she could get something to help make my sick husband feel better. There's also an extremely friendly young woman who is always smiling and seems truly happy to see each guest.

Breakfast was fabulous. There are five or six items on the menu (eggs, fruit with yogurt, pancakes), but we were encouraged to order as much as we wanted. The food was delicious.

The only thing amiss with Loc Phat was some noise issues: Our building bordered a small housing development featuring a handful of rowdy children and some women shouting in the middle of the night. Our floor also featured a pesky water pump that would groan whenever a guest turned on a tap or shower or flushed a toilet. Luckily, this wasn't such a problem at night because most people were sleeping.

NOTE: A great way to see both the Old Town and the beach is to rent a bicycle ($1/day) or a scooter ($5/a day) from the hotel owners. If you ride one to the beach, however, there's a mini blockade where locals force you to pay (5,000 VND for a bike) to park your steed. I guess they don't want scooters and bikes parked willy-nilly along the beach. If you're not actually going to the beach and just want to travel down the beach road, ignore the people waving their arms and ride through the stop. That's what I did when I wanted to bike to the lighthouse and jetty.

Room Tip: Rooms in "A" building are slightly closer to the road, but they are farther from the sligh...
18 Thank CompassWhistle
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Tucked away, half way between the beach (half an hour's walk away) and the old town (walkable in an easy 20 minutes), is this brand new hotel. Based on the original homestay that was here, Linh has built two buildings, each with upstairs and downstairs rooms with balconys, or outside areas. We stayed in a deluxe double ($25 per night) which was new, clean and had quality fittings and furnishings (I loved the black and white photos).
The only flaw - in the upstairs rooms - is the loud water pump in the water tank in the roof. We were originally in room 205, but asked to be moved as every time someone used a tap in the building the pump became very noisy. We were moved across to the family room (which had a twin bedroom, leading onto a double room - it seemed like a great design for a family travelling with kids). But we had the same problem - noisy water pumps late at night and early in the morning. It was such a shame as otherwise our stay would have been perfect!

17 Thank clarkerosie83