“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 188 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a great time at Locphat Homestay. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make our stay as comfortable as possible. The room was nicely done up and completely new furnished. The location is good too as it is close to the city center and to the beach (both about 10min. by bike). One little minus: the bikes were not included in the price as we read on the webpage before. But 1USD per day was bearable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank GlobalCitizenTini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Echt te gek. Very good rooms and Linh and Rocky are so nice and helpfull.... unbelievable . We celebrated new years eve with the staff and guests and they made a wonderfull dinner for us. They also helped us with booking a great motorbike tour to Hue.

• Stayed December 2012
5 Thank mknapen
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My fiance and I originally booked 4 nights with Linh and Rocky at Loc Phat Homestay. From our first encounter she was pleasant, uppity and reassuring. We thought that we would be in the homestay, however they were just finishing up construction on their new site, a hybrid hotel/homestay of sorts where we would have interaction with the family and their employees, but staying in our own private room - with great water pressure and hot water, air condition, international TV channels and super clean decor. However, the real joys are within the city and people of Hoi An. With Linh's assistance we discovered market vendors, food stuff and "best of" sites that made us extend our stay to 6 nights, and then to 9. She made many attempts to make our stay pleasant, getting to know us, making a full-on New Year's dinner, on top of all her responsibilities at her full-time job and her pregnancy!

For us the location was perfect, halfway to the beach and to the old town; we could easily rent bicycles or a motorbike for the day (through the homestay), and escape to the secluded homestay property when the touring or eating was over.

I'd say that the value for the money is well worth it, and the opportunity to meet this family will easily put the homestay at the top of your Vietnam memories.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank Lauren H
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Arrived in Dec 2012 and stayed for 2 nights.

Location is a lil bit far from town but just nice for me (and everyone else I think) as it is in between Hoi An town and Cua Dai beach; adding to the fact that the location is more quiet and peaceful as compared to town at night. Had a great time talking to Linh and family who are very friendly and helpful. I was even invited for a home-cook dinner on my second night here. We had some beer and a great chat after dinner; just what you need in a town like Hoi An: RELAX and chill.

Definitely a good stay and experience; especially after nights of staying in hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank hello-choong
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We (3 female friends) only had one night in Hoi An, and to stay in the Locphat was a great expereince. We arrived to generous hospitality from the house keeper, offering us guavas and showing us to our basic, but comfortable, rooms. The bikes were rent free and it was an enjyoable 10 minute cycle to the centre of the old town. The bathroom was nice, the rooms were air conditioned and Lin was incredibly friendly when we met her. She got us a car to Da Nang and was helpful with all our questions. I wish I could've stayed longer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Booked three nights with Linh and her family. Ended up staying four and would happily have stayed a whole week if our schedule allowed. Linh and her husband were wonderful hosts and couldn't help us enough. Linh cooked dinner for us and heer family one night (the best cao lao I had in Hoi An) and even bought me a Vietnamese coffee maker after I told her that I was enjoying ca phe. On our last night we had to get up at 4am to go to the airport and guess what, Linh was there to make sure the taxi arrived and that we got away safely. Wonderful woman and all this while being 6 weeks pregnant. First three nights we stayed in a basic room with no bathroom which was fine for us and only cost 12 dollars a night. For our last night we moved to the en suite room for 16 dollars and it is amazing! So big and has all mod cons of a hotel! Get that one if it's free. I would recommend anyone to stay with Linh when visiting Hoi An. Only a 10 min cycle to the beach or the town along one easy road. If I am ever back in Hoi An I will be looking to stay here again - of perhaps in the guesthouse they are currently building a few doors down.

• Stayed November 2012
16 Thank Revdog32
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Staying with Linh and her family was definitely a highlight of my Vietnam visit. Yes the home is not in the center of town but honestly it was not a problem: I rented a bike for 1$/day and it only takes 5 minutes to reach town. The home was very comfortable and I really enjoyed spending dinner time with Linh and her family. She is a fantastic cook and her husband and children are so lovely and fun to talk to! My room had a queensize bed with a fan and a TV. It was very clean and comfortable. The shared bathroom on the first floor was also very clean and had everything I needed. The maid was very sweet and even washed and dried my shirt that got soaked during a rain storm...and I didn't even ask her too! During dinner we sampled lots of local cuisine and Linh shared lots of interesting facts about vietnamese culture. On the second day I was invited by her husband and some of his work friends to have dinner with them at home. Again, it was a fantastic meal and the company was even better! I'm happy I found the Loc Phat Homestay and highly recommend it to anyone that wants a comfortable place to stay and also interested in learning a bit more about Vietnamese culture. On my last day, Linh even arranged for a family friend to take me back to the Danang train station by car for a fraction of the cost of a private taxi. I really appreciated this gesture!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo