“Great homestay at sister house”

Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa
Ranked #29 of 280 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I am currently staying at Loc Phat Homestay Sister House with Hoang and family. Being my 1st homestay I was a little nervous about whether it would suit me but Hoang and Tuan are warm, kind people who are extremely welcoming and are keen to help in any way they can. They also respect your privacy and give you plenty of space if you wish. I am so happy here that I am staying 11 nights. There is only 1 room for accommodation which is a really private upstairs room with ensuite. The ensuite is small with toilet and shower. It is very clean with great hot water and good pressure. The bedroom is a reasonable size with a double bed, dresser, wardrobe and TV. There is no aircon but there is a fan and plenty of windows creating good airflow. The house is in a lovely quiet area amid the padi fields but is under 10 mins by bicycle to town or beach.
Loc Phat will aim to help with any queries and can organise transport at a fair price. Hoang is an excellent cook and amid her busy schedule has cooked me the best food I have had in Vietnam!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
17  Thank Lildal
There are newer reviews for Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had a great time in Linh and her husband's house. It's located between Hoi An and the beach but they have plenty of bikes, so everything is easily reachable. We had the big room with airco and bathroom, which was great. We had a great dinner with their other guests. Linh also arranged to pick us up and bring us to Danang airport. Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
18  Thank mcdx20
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed in Tho an Hoa home.
I really liked there. I was happy to find a homestay in Vietnam and it turned out it was one of the best place to stay in Hoi An. Family is lovely and helpful. They house is little bit out of town centre but for me it was positive thing. Near by are nice small roads to cycle around. Nice quiet place. I reccomend.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
15  Thank Siret P
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Really relaxed place to stay. Linh and her family are really friendly, I was invited to a family wedding the first evening I was there! They are at work during the day, and just do normal family stuff in the evening. Linh has great advice but doesn't try to sell you anything. Hoi An is a lovely place to visit and the homestay is a great place to stay for a while. I ended up staying two weeks.

There are only four rooms, so it's best to book early. It's down a small road off the main Cua Dai Rd, so it's nice and quiet. Hire a bike from Linh to make it easier to get to town and to the beach. There are restaurants and a small market nearby.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
16  Thank Heather M
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I ve stayed in Linh's house for about a week, I got single room with fan and shared bath. I ve really enjoyed my time in the homestay, family is very nice and friendly and Linh extremely helpful.
They have bike for rent 1$ per day, you can use the kitchen if you like (Linh always prepare me coffe in the morning which I ve became addicted;)) and hang out in the leaving room with them in the afternoon when they come back from work! The house is in the perfect position, between the beach(10min. bike) and the beautiful city of Hoi An(also 10min. bike). What can I say more?? Thank you very much to make my stay in Hoi An so relaxed and fantastic, I suggest Linh's house to everyone who wants to escape from crowd hotel in the city center and have a small taste about great Vietnamise people(also great food, she is a master chef)!
Grazie Mille!
Riccardo -Rome- Italy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
17  Thank riccardo_palombi
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights would have been longer if they were not booked (do this before hand as they are always busy). Rooms are comfortable and homely, shared bathroom was clean and tidy. Communal area was welcoming, Mrs Linh the host speaks excellent English and does all she can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Note this is much more of a homestay than what is typically one in vietnam (ie a Vietnamese family running a hotel) Having a washing machine and kitchen is a massive bonus. I stored my bike and luggage with them for a few days and it was no trouble at all. It's a bit far from the town but bicycle hire is cheap and easy here. Recommended

Room Tip: The big room with the garden and A/C is the best deal
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
18  Thank anthony g
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The homestay was amazing! We had such fun. The family are the nicest people ever, so genuine and will help you with anything! They speak english well, and are so interested in getting to know you.

The room are a good size and very clean. The bathroom is shared, but there is never a queue to use it as there are only 8people maximum at one time in the home.

Location is good, and you can rent a bicycle from them very cheaply.

Thank you so much for our stay Linh and Quoc!
x