“Happy to find this place”

Loc Phat Hoi An Homestay-Villa
Ranked #30 of 275 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Valtu
“Happy to find this place”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed in Tho an Hoa home.
I really liked there. I was happy to find a homestay in Vietnam and it turned out it was one of the best place to stay in Hoi An. Family is lovely and helpful. They house is little bit out of town centre but for me it was positive thing. Near by are nice small roads to cycle around. Nice quiet place. I reccomend.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
15 Thank Siret P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Kontum, Vietnam
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Really relaxed place to stay. Linh and her family are really friendly, I was invited to a family wedding the first evening I was there! They are at work during the day, and just do normal family stuff in the evening. Linh has great advice but doesn't try to sell you anything. Hoi An is a lovely place to visit and the homestay is a great place to stay for a while. I ended up staying two weeks.

There are only four rooms, so it's best to book early. It's down a small road off the main Cua Dai Rd, so it's nice and quiet. Hire a bike from Linh to make it easier to get to town and to the beach. There are restaurants and a small market nearby.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
16 Thank Heather M
San Ginesio, Italy
Reviewed May 7, 2012

I ve stayed in Linh's house for about a week, I got single room with fan and shared bath. I ve really enjoyed my time in the homestay, family is very nice and friendly and Linh extremely helpful.
They have bike for rent 1$ per day, you can use the kitchen if you like (Linh always prepare me coffe in the morning which I ve became addicted;)) and hang out in the leaving room with them in the afternoon when they come back from work! The house is in the perfect position, between the beach(10min. bike) and the beautiful city of Hoi An(also 10min. bike). What can I say more?? Thank you very much to make my stay in Hoi An so relaxed and fantastic, I suggest Linh's house to everyone who wants to escape from crowd hotel in the city center and have a small taste about great Vietnamise people(also great food, she is a master chef)!
Grazie Mille!
Riccardo -Rome- Italy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
17 Thank riccardo_palombi
Tokoroa, New Zealand
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights would have been longer if they were not booked (do this before hand as they are always busy). Rooms are comfortable and homely, shared bathroom was clean and tidy. Communal area was welcoming, Mrs Linh the host speaks excellent English and does all she can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Note this is much more of a homestay than what is typically one in vietnam (ie a Vietnamese family running a hotel) Having a washing machine and kitchen is a massive bonus. I stored my bike and luggage with them for a few days and it was no trouble at all. It's a bit far from the town but bicycle hire is cheap and easy here. Recommended

Room Tip: The big room with the garden and A/C is the best deal
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
18 Thank anthony g
UK
Reviewed April 14, 2012

The homestay was amazing! We had such fun. The family are the nicest people ever, so genuine and will help you with anything! They speak english well, and are so interested in getting to know you.

The room are a good size and very clean. The bathroom is shared, but there is never a queue to use it as there are only 8people maximum at one time in the home.

Location is good, and you can rent a bicycle from them very cheaply.

Thank you so much for our stay Linh and Quoc!
x

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
17 Thank HimandHer s
Bordeaux, France
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Sometimes in Asia, so-called homestays are basically guesthouses with 10 rooms, that's not the case here :) Loc Phat is a lovely homestay with the sweetest Vietnamese family.
Linh is great and really helpful, she organised and booked loads of things for us.
It's a bit difficult to find, the address on their website is not exact , ask for more details if you arrive on your own.
There are only 3 or 4 rooms so book ahead cause it's often fully booked.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank sylvie m
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had a great stay, Linh is a wonderful and caring host. She helped us arranging trips and helped my friend when he got sick. We learned a lot about Vietnamese culture and had a great stay.

• Stayed March 2012