“Friendly, great workmanship and helpful”
Review of Bebe Tailor

Bebe Tailor
Ranked #72 of 448 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Welcome to Bebe Tailors. Here at Bebe we have 15 years experience in the tailoring industry. We are one of very few shops in Hoi An that has its own dedicated team of tailors on site. A team of 10 quality controllers oversees production to ensure perfection for you.We have one of the largest selections of fabrics in Hoi An, spread over three spacious shops. All shops have air-conditioned changing rooms to ensure your comfort during the summer months. We are sure our customers will find the materials to make the clothes of their dreams.Our customers have been so happy with our clothing that word of mouth recommendations is our number one source of new customers. However, enough of what we think. Please read our reviews below to get the full story of our service from who really counts, our customers. Bebe has 3 locations in central Hoi An Bebe 1 is at located at 11 Hoang Dieu Street Bebe 2 is located at 95 Phan Chau Trinh Street Bebe 3 is located at 40 Tran Hung Dao Street
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I can't put into words how great this place is. We went to Bebe 3 and was helped by Lelien. She is softly spoken and extremely talented when it comes to knowing what the customer wants. I had 4 garments copied, with some adjustments and she knew exactly what to do without too much explanation. I am a plus size and was not made to feel uncomfortable. I wld recommend plus size people go to Bebe 3 as there are no comments to make you feel uncomfortable. They know which fabric will flow and sit perfectly on the body. Then manager Len deserves a mention too. Welcoming and kind. She will sit and discuss options with you as well. Water was always offered as it is very needed in the humid climate of Vietnam.

bebe D, Manager at Bebe Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Dear Thankana,

Really sounds like a wonderful job was done by all the staff at Bebe 3 in looking after you.

We could not wish more than to hear comments like this.

There is a great atmosphere down at Bebe 3 and I see that our customers really feel this. No pushiness for a sale just great advice and help.

I promise to take this review down to the shop and thank all the staff involved.....we just could not be prouder of the work they do.

All the very best

Bebe

Write a ReviewReviews (3,823)
All reviews
in 62 reviews
"final product"
in 52 reviews

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to be recommended to this tailor. Mai was absolutely fantastic, she is very proud of her product and her attention to detail is second to none!!!! We ordered linen jackets, dresses, pants, shirts and tops and a wool blend suit and were very impressed with the finish. If you can, take clothes that you would like duplicated or detailed photos of a certain style to make the process easier, but don't worry if you haven't as they have a great knowledge of tailoring . Thank you Mai, we are so happy and excited with our new clothes !!!

Dear Angela,

Thanks so much for the great review and photo's.

Mai is fantastic.....got to agree with you. You will see her name all over tripadvisor and our facebook page and there is always 5 stars next to it.

We did a few meet the staff photo's on facebook and Mai looked great out on the balcony upstairs.

We really want to make getting clothes tailored into an experience and this is just what Mai seems to have done in this case.

Really appreciate the review Angela and all the very best from us all here at Bebe.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

My wife and I got a fair bit of tailoring done at this shop - suits / shirts for work and casual - we were assisted by Hai and Bigna who made sure we were well looked after right from the minute we walked into this store. We had 2 fittings in total, got to choose the fabric we wanted - all for a great price compared to Aus and they even delivered it to our hotel well before our flight out of Hoi An.
Thank you Bigna, Hai and Bebe - keep up the good work!

bebe D, Manager at Bebe Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Dear Jacob,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review us.

They really do great work down there and there is a great atmosphere in the shop. Big Na was there from the very earliest days of Bebe and has a ton of experience. Hai came to us a couple of years ago after working elsewhere in Hoi An.

We have a great name in town now for service and quality and now the hard bit is to keep up the good work !!!

Thanks so much and I will pass this on to both Big Na and Hai and thank her for the great review.

All the best

Reviewed August 14, 2017

Like many other commenters on here, I hadn't intended to get any clothing made for myself-- I found my way to Be Be to get a shirt copied for my mom. That alone was fun-- they have a lace that is the exact color of her eyes and picking the lining underneath, the neckline, changing the zipper to buttons, all of that was so fun and Ivy was so, so helpful and honest. However, after walking around the shop, I saw a dress on a mannequin in suede-- narrow V neck, fitted bodice, just below the knee. I decided to splurge.
Here's the thing-- that dress cost me $130 to get made. Could I have gotten a dress for two-thirds of that price? Sure. Would it have been made from quality fabric, chosen from bolts that I could actually see and feel? No. Would it have been made in house, in front of me, and fitted SIX TIMES to get it perfect? No. Do you want your dress to last a year or several? If it's a classic piece, y'all, PAY FOR WHAT YOU WANT.
Once I chose the suede for that dress, it only made sense to get that dress copied in black silk, sleeveless... and then to add a faux mandarin collar in the back... and then to get it in berry-colored silk blend with sleeves for winter. I mean, when else in my life am I going to get clothes made for me?!
One thing to note that I wasn't expecting and hadn't read on any sites-- you can have WOOL COATS made at BeBe. Fall/winter coats.

I walked in the door at two, finished picking fabric and getting measured by four, and was back at nine that night to get the first dress fitted. It just wouldn't sit right on top so at one point, I had four tailors working on that dress on my body! They will make sure it fits-- TRUST me.

The next morning, all of them were done and I spent about 90 minutes there getting each one fitted and re-fitted. I can't believe how much attention they paid to even the smallest detail, like the curve of a seam.

All the dresses were done by 3:00 in time for my flight out of Hoi An. Ivy was amazing, the shop owner was courteous and helpful, and it's AIR CONDITIONED. Why would you go anywhere else?!

(side note: I overheard some VERY rude patrons in my hours at the shop-- people looking to get treated like demigods, condescending to the tailors. The negative reviews on here smack of that mindset, don't they?)

Dear Caitlyn,

Thanks so much for such a fantastic review.

I took it to Van this morning and she couldn't have been happier to read such a great review.

You seem to really have the measure of what we do here (and also the more difficult aspects of the job !!)

We just couldn't do without Van and her enthusiasm and fun every day. There is not a day goes by where she does not have me laughing. Coupled with the fact that she knows tailoring inside out ......well as I say, she really is irreplaceable.

These reviews really mean a lot to us Caitlyn. So many people read them and then make their own mind up. An honest and in-depth account like this goes a long way for our future customers to know what we do here.

Many many thanks
Guy and Van

See more reviews
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Got 2 jackets made, I never felt welcome.. only seen as a walking money machine..
though I read quality should be OK, so I decided to buy 2 jackets.. note I could have bought much more but I did not feel welcome..

At the end I rejected one jacket and got made a new one, this was OK.. the quality of the Jackets was superb!

when service is improved BeBe could sell more.

bebe D, Manager at Bebe Tailor, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Hi Maarten,

Thanks for taking the time to review us.

Glad you found the quality of the jackets to be superb. We know you found the fabric you chose for the first one to be a little heavy and My the lady who looked after you was good enough to make this again for you at no cost.

She has rave reviews here on Tripadvisor for her service and patience so not too sure how you thought she was just after your money.....especially when she made you a jacket for free after you found the first fabric too heavy. This is not something they do for you at most tailors in town.

Do feel free to drop me a line at contact@bebetailor.com if there was something else that made you feel this way as we have never get reviews stating this.

All the very best and thanks again for the review.

Manager