“Fast & professional service”

Bebe ClothShop - Tailor
Ranked #7 of 409 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Welcome to Bebe Tailors. Here at Bebe we have 15 years experience in the tailoring industry. We are one of very few shops in Hoi An that has its own dedicated team of tailors on site. A team of 10 quality controllers oversees production to ensure perfection for you.We have one of the largest selections of fabrics in Hoi An, spread over three spacious shops. All shops have air-conditioned changing rooms to ensure your comfort during the summer months. We are sure our customers will find the materials to make the clothes of their dreams.Our customers have been so happy with our clothing that word of mouth recommendations is our number one source of new customers. However, enough of what we think. Please read our reviews below to get the full story of our service from who really counts, our customers. Bebe has 3 locations in central Hoi An Bebe 1 is at located at 11 Hoang Dieu Street Bebe 2 is located at 95 Phan Chau Trinh Street Bebe 3 is located at 40 Tran Hung Dao Street
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

2 custom suits and an assortment of other custom items done quickly and professionally. Nothing but praise. Special thanks to Van for her friendly service.

There are newer reviews for Bebe ClothShop - Tailor

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Visiting for only 3 nights and wanting to get a 3 piece suit, an extra set of trousers, a tailored shirt, a ladies business suit and winter overcoat, my partner and I were more than impressed with the service and advice from Van and Leo and the quality and fit of the final products. My boyfriend Being 6'7 has never had clothing that fits him so perfectly.We were able to collect our suits within 24 hours.The girls were fabulous in accommodating our needs and always friendly. The best thing is that the also keep all the measurements on record so we can order additional stuff from Australia. Thanks Van and Leo for making it a painless process.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went to bebe to get my favorite pair of pants copied. Rainie helped me pick the right fabric and colors. I didn't expect such a high level of creativity, but Rainie knew exactly what style i was after and what improvements could be made to make the copies even better. During the fitting session next day i was so impressed that i asked for a suit. Rainie gave me a great deal and again knew exactly what style i was after. Scandinavian tight fit, no problem. First fabric and color she suggested was immediately right. Next day i picked up a great suit and three pairs of pants that didn't need any adjustments at all. Very happy with the result.

We visited many other tailors in town and got several things made, but nothing compares to BeBe if you want good advice, a quiet environment (what a relieve) and perfect quality products.

Thanks Rainie!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We were advised by our hotel to use Bebe and they were 100% correct. There are lots of tailors to choose from in Hoi An and lots of poor quality and materials but Bebe have great fabrics and excellently service for the price. They spoke excellent English and their service is second to none. All done in 24 hours, nowhere else had this turnaround. Huong was our service consultant and she listened to what we wanted and made sure we were happy! She is amazing even to the point that when I accidentally left my credit card at the shop she followed us back to the hotel transit car and stopped it to give me the card back. Honesty, quality and brilliance. Thanks Huong and thanks for a great suit!! Look nowhere else when in Hoi An!!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed with the entire experience that Bebe tailor’s provided for me. From the reviews I’ve read, it’s hard to ascertain an idea about the tailors in Hoi An. People’s reviews on here rarely seem to give an unemotional and logical view so I’ll try to write this review as impartially as I can and hopefully it will help you at least recognise that this is one of the better tailors in town. Walk around Hoi An for half a day at least and sum up what’s on offer and ‘make your own decision about where to go’ is advice you hear a lot.

I'm a 26 year old guy and went to the Bebe II shop (Bebe’s tailor owns two shops in different areas in town). I had 5 suits and 1 shirt made, I didn’t barter much so I’m sure people will recognise that I overpaid at £650. I was originally quoted £705 and they threw in a tie for free. I’m sure others could have got a better price but being English ~£125 per tailored suit is pretty amazing value. Hopefully this will be a nice baseline for others to go by and better. My suits/shirt were made from the finest material being offered (cashmere wool + silk) and the linings were either 100% silk (2 jackets) or 90% silk-synthetic mix (3 jackets). The bartering process and final payment for that matter, were unthreatening and professional.

Approach & Product Selection

All staff were very friendly but Lan took me through the process. Lan’s opinion was very honest and some of her ideas were incorporated into the pictures I brought in (I painstakingly went through 10 or so copies of Esquire for ideas, which for a straight man feels like a form of labour/torture after a while). I thought she was an intelligent and diligent saleswoman and was very knowledgeable on style and materials. No hard selling but expect to be offered various bits and pieces throughout the process. My advice would be to take some ideas of your own in and then talk it out with the staff member dealing with you. Don’t go in fixed on something unless you really are sure that style/colour will be good for you, but hey who am I to tell you what to do?

I’m honestly thrilled with materials on the products I’ve bought. I don’t pretend to know anything about tailoring, so I asked to view and importantly feel the different types of material on offer. Best, 2nd best and then a cheaper material. I just thought this was a good way to check the quality on my finished suits and also get an idea of the different quality of each material before I committed. The cheapest material was the only one I recognised from touch (reminiscent of school trousers). The 2nd best was 70%-30% synthetic from memory and this felt nice, much better than any high street chain would offer for my age group (I believe 1 suit from this material costs 150 dollars). The best material on offer was lovely, very good quality in my opinion, more experienced men into their high-end tailored suits might disagree but I was extremely happy with it. 190 dollars a suit, pre-discount for the best stuff. You need to add on more for the silk jacket linings.

There are three options for jacket linings. The cheapest material is free, the middle option (90% silk) is 20 dollars and the most expensive is 30 dollars (100% silk). The buttons are matched well to the colour of the suit but you don’t get a choice. I’m sure if you were adamant about it you could bring in your own. I asked for a European style zip (the Asian zip’s are shorter I read somewhere) and deeper pockets on the trousers. My requests were all completed when I went to the first fitting.

Fitting

I really enjoyed the experience. The first fitting is hectic! I would recommend for people with large orders to come back later or wait if there are a few ppl about when you go upstairs. I would expect attention from a few attendants and a tailor on the first fitting but be reasonable, on my 4th fitting I had 1 suit jacket that required a small amendment, I just got on with it at that stage.
All my suits were present for 1st and 2nd fittings so I really had a good amount of time to assess the fit. On the 3rd fitting there were only small amendments left on 2 trousers and 3 jackets. By the 4th fitting I only had one item left to amend. I have no complaints. They offer refreshments if you need them, I wasn’t offered and had to ask (boo hoo!).

If you walk away without bringing something up, it is your own fault. Likewise at the first fitting they should be wizzing around making loads of amendments, if they don’t, then it’s the shops fault if things don’t fit. Don’t try and get something done in 24 hours, tailored items are a luxury and they deserve respect. I’m sure they can do it for you but you take a gamble and you’ll be rushing everyone involved, including yourself. I love the fact that I did this over 4 days, I got exactly what I wanted and the tailors had ample time to create and adjust the products. To do anything other than this is poor form in my opinion but it’s up to you. Saying that, the shirts are produced extremely quickly, maybe order 1-2 items only if you’re pressed for time? They seem to accommodate people according their travelling needs and prioritise orders accordingly.

If my opinion helps...anything that feels to tight, get that changed straight away. Look at the fit of trousers round the tummy (underneath where the belt would go) it should not be loose. The pockets should be symmetrical and look similar to each other. Go online and look for tips on how a jacket should fit properly. I found my major amendments were on my shoulders and sides. The later amendments were to loosen the jackets on the bicep, tricep and chest. It's obviously a very individual process though.

I thought near enough everything obvious was picked up 1st time round and then I had to communicate more towards the end. It's a lot easier for tailors/attendants to notice loose material than a slight tightness. All of my concerns were always treated with respect and everything I asked was done and then ready to check at the next fitting.

Shipping

I sent my items and some personal affects home which weighed in at 12kg. Shipping would of taken 3-4 months at 65 dollars. I sent mine by basic air mail 3-4 weeks for 160 dollars. I kind of wanted to go to post office and send them independently as I reckon this might be a cheaper option. What can I say I was being lazy and didn’t check. It was pretty flexible and they held the package until I could add some tailored shoes that another shop were dragging along with.

I found the staff and experience at Bebe’s fantastic. I can’t recommend them highly enough and I hope my review helps in your decision for your tailored item(s).
Rich