“Bring your favorite shirts to be cloned”
Review of Miss Forget Me Not

Miss Forget Me Not
Ranked #54 of 400 Shopping in Hoi An
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Bring your favorite shirts to be cloned”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Finding Stall #20 was a challenge, as the gals trying to tell you to go somewhere else are like a swarm of hungry mosquitos. But once you find her, Miss Forget Me Not is indeed worth the effort. We had four days in Hoi An, so we had enough time to experiment.

I went to the other bigger name places first, and was astonished how much they wanted to charge. Perhaps it's the American accent. ;-) But suffice to say that their starting prices were high enough that I saw no point in negotiating. And fortunately, I followed Plan B and went to Miss Forget Me Not. From now on, she will be Plan A.

I took my favorite Charles Tyrwhitt dress shirt and a Lululemon polo shirt (long discontinued) as a test to see how well she could clone them. She will always encourage you to get more than you initially think you will order, but at her pricing (no need to negotiate!) it seemed worth the gamble. The next day when I tested them out and, wow, I was impressed. Immediately ordered a suit with and extra pair of trousers, another ten shirts, a suit for my son, and two áo dài's for my wife. Ironically, it was the áo dài's that needed further adjustments-- she got the suits perfectly on day one!

Having always thought that I was close enough to off-the-rack sizing that I didn't need to go custom tailored, the Miss Forget Me Not experience showed me how wrong I was. There is nothing like the feeling of a suit that actually fits in all dimensions--it makes getting dressed up more fun.

• Vietnamese first
Hoi An, Vietnam
“miss forget me not”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As soon as my girlfriend and i parked up our bikes outside the cloth market we we were set upun by various people begging us to look at there stores in the cloth market and much the same inside as well. As a man i dont find it enjoyable shoping for clothes so this was particuly stressfull but when you get to miss forget me nots stall that all ends, it must be because she's obviously not desperate for your business because of the very decent reputation they have, i dont think theyre short of customers.Thats not to say that they are indiferent to you though just not pushy and iritating like many of the others.
Still im always a bit wary after being stung at hoi-an with slightly inferior workmanship before. I looked through a catalouge found the quite dificult to find grandad style of shirt i wanted. I orded 3, in 3 diferent colours, 2 cloth and 1 linen. Ok, if im very critical i did notice a discrepancy in the first price quoated and then the second price and think i may have overpaid by 2dolla's but you have to pick and choose whats worth hagling over and when i saw how good the quality of the workmanship of the shirts was i wasnt bothered by this at all. I was originally going to order some silk shirts but wasnt really very immpressed by the quality of the silk, they were very keen to prove it was real though and gave some to burn with a lighter.Still though like i said it wasnt of the quality i was looking for so i skipped the silk. I would say its really dificult to find decent silk anywhere in hoi an unless youre paying top dollar.
I was really impressed by the shirts though so my girlfriend decided this was the right place to get her dress made, my girlfriend had a clear idea of what she wanted and it was a mix of things the top part picked from a picture on the internet and the bottom skirt bit picked from one of the catalouges. we picked the dress up just a few hours ago and my girlfriend was delighted with it and i think she looked stunning in it. we picked out a few adjustment that needed to be made and they dealt with them quickly with no fuss. She says a shes really pleased with how it fits and the smile on her face is proof to me. Actually she noticed a very small hole in the lining as i write this so im going to wait to see if they will sort it out.....
And they have with no fuss so 4 out 5 for miss forget me not and 5 later when the clothes stand up to some 'wear and tear'.

Antigua, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very average”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

First impressions were good, really nice to you give you water etc when you first get there.
They then get angrier the more you go saying you don't trust their work and their skills, well after wearing the dress for a night the seam started to come undone.
They rush and cut corners. You get what you pay for.... Would not recommend, stay away from the clothes market.

2 Thank Shllers86
Wellington, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Service, Highly Recommend”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to Miss Forget-Me-Not armed with pictures from catalogues. They were fantastic, patient and advised me as to what would suit me better. I would highly recommend the sisters to anyone wanting quality clothes made from Hoi An.

1 Thank Lizziet908
Sydney, Australia
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent tailor”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If anyone is looking at finding a tailor in Hoi An then you can't go past Miss Forget Me Not , stall 20 in the cloth market. Miss Forget Me Not and her sister Rose were very helpful and all of the clothes we had made were of fantastic quality and the workmanship was wonderful! In fact, Rose was so helpful that she told us polo shirts were better to buy in the market than to have made and she took us around and bartered for a much cheaper price than we would have otherwise paid.
The clothing was all made in the specified time period and with minimal alterations. We had a pair of shorts made at a shop front tailor nearby, which are meant to be better than the cloth market, but these had to be re-made and were not of the same quality. We would highly recommend Miss Forget Me Not and will be going back next year when we return to Vietnam.

Visited September 2012