“Quicker then going to the mall”

Hoi An Tailor - Blue Gecko
Ranked #281 of 425 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We are a Vietnamese based clothing manufacturer who has a wide range of experience in constructing exacting garments for western markets and would be very happy to help you with your order. We currently have a number of contracts with a range of international men's and women's clothing labels, ranging from luxury suiting and shirting through to tailor made street wear and feel our experience in this area would be of great benefit to your purchasing here. We have access to a wide range of tweed fabrics, depending on the price point you are after and the quality of garment you would like produced. At the upper end we can access fabrics from the luxury fabric mills or we have a range of 100% woolen tweeds manufactured throughout the world. We would also be interested to know a general base price you would be hoping to purchase these garments at Blue Gecko. Regards Blue Gecko Tailor team.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The service I received here is like none that I have ever experienced. My daughter and I combined had 2 silk jackets (1 embroidered), a scarf and 4 shirts made in less then 24hrs. Everything was made to fit perfectly. The staff spoke good English and were very helpful. Spoke to a number of satisfied customers in the store who experienced the same service

All reviews
in 20 reviews
"shop"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Thuy is a master of her heart.There was one suit I particularly like, so I went to Blue Gecko to ask them to do 2 similar cuts, but in different fabrics. The result was stunning! The new suits fitted me even better than the designer one they used as model! As the price was quite a bargain, after seeing the result, I ordered another set of suits. Will definitely use their services again.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I visited Hoi An in April and was lucky enough to come across the Blue Gecko. In 3 days I walked away with 2 suits, skirts and dresses for work & casual. My mum was able to have a much loved linen suit remade and lovely dresses made for her grand daughter.

I took a few things I wanted copied and some material that I particularly liked. But I also found that there was plenty to choose from, esp in linen, silk, shirting & suiting.

The clothes I had made have worn well, good cut and fit & easy to launder. At the first fitting I was able to include additional finished like a double seem or change lengths with the finsihed product being exactly what i asked for. The girls made extra effort to make sure I was happy and were good advisors.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

After years of making suits and shirts in Thailand, I have finally come across the best tailor... in Vietnam!

For those who are not familiar with making tailor made clothes, the stage of fittings is very important. Great customer experience would be finding the tailor who can get the majority right from the beginning, but would also have the patience to go through fittings until the customer is satisfied. We have found exactly that in Hoi An.

The Blue Gecko Tailor shop looks like many other tailor stores. It is the owner who makes the difference. Great personality, customer focused approach, patient and willing to offer expert advice when required. Prices were very reasonable and the quality was great.

Blue Gecko was the second tailor we visited in Hoi An. The first asked for high prices and did not show any flexibility. Blue Gecko's asking prices were more than reasonable and we saw very little point in continuing the market research.

Unlike previous experiences in Thailand, the owner did not try to sell more than we initially asked for. However, we found ourselves buying more and more, as we thought that it would be a crime not to... :-) We didn't only end up with great suits, trousers, jackets and shirts, we also enjoyed the experience.

We were surprised to find out that this small shop provided jobs for 60 tailors and worked with designers from New York.

Our recommendation is that you allow enough time for proper fittings. If you don't rush it and your experience should be more satisfying. Hoi An is a wonderful place, you may want to allow enough time to do shopping, enjoy the beach, the friendliness of the people and the beautiful old city. :-)

By the way, the Blue Gecko restaurant is managed by the tailor's husband and is also a great place to dine. Set up in the back yard of their house, food is fresh and delicious, service is fantastic, prices are reasonable and the owner is very friendly.

We were lucky to find these two enjoyable Blue Gecko experiences and would recommend that you give them a try.

Enjoy your stay in Hoi An! :-)

4  Thank TomGMelb