“Excellent but almost could be 5 star with improvements” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort

Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort
Ranked #110 of 122 Hotels in Hoi An
“Excellent but almost could be 5 star with improvements”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Firstly the positives:
The resort appears to be brand new. The rooms are huge, the staff are very helpful, free WIFI, really nice pool. Nice and peaceful, not many tourists. Overall comes across as a classy 4-5 star resort.

Negatives:
Restaurant looks great but is overpriced for pretty poor food and not much choice.
We were hassled quite a bit to visit their tailor shop (3 times in 2 days is a bit much!)
A gym would be nice

However overall I'm nitpicking because its a fabulous resort and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
minh b, Manager at Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hi Theengelbert, it has been a pleasure for us to take care of you as our value customers.
We would like to thank you for your review about our hotel. We appreciate it and will continue to work harder in order to provide the best quality, reasonable price and great customer services.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
We hope to see you again in Hoi An. Best wishes
Riverside Bamboo Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed at Riverside Bamboo Resort (according to their cards, although it is the Bamboo Village Resort) in mid November 2012 and had a lovely, relaxing stay. The location is a short taxi ride out of town or about a 20 minute walk. We reserved the two end river view suites and they were delightful. The rooms are free-standing bungalows, separated by a fish pond, they overlook the garden and river and are very quiet. The rooms are clean and large, with decent bathrooms and a comfortable seating area and desk. Complimentary water bottles, tea and coffee and fruit plate is the usual very nice touch and the staff are very helpful. The usual hard Vietnam mattresses were the only negative and the fact that we could only get one roll of toilet paper at a time (no backup!) and one small cake of soap. My husband had a cold and as there were no tissues he was using toilet paper to blow his nose. We ran out and asked for a replacement plus spare - no extras the manager says! This was an annoyance that could have been avoided. Breakfast was good with eggs to order at the buffet and lots of fruit, breads etc.

Restaurants: We went to Mango Mango twice as the food was so delicious. It is just across the from bridge from the old town. They told us about their sister restaurant that had just opened: Mai Fish, which was equally good, but had a limited and pricey wine list. Both were excellent.

Room Tip: The end river front rooms cost a little more but they are lovely.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hanoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've lived in Vietnam for over a year now, and not overly loving it, but Hoi An definitely shone. Bamboo resort was amazing, We got the overnight sleeper from Hanoi which, while not a great nights sleep, made it up for it in the morning waking up to the train chugging through the mountains next to the coast.

Bamboo resort were great. A very relaxed atmosphere, great rate and lovely pool. Bike and motorbikes for rent and thought food was pretty good. Though I would suggest they cover the breakfast buffet on a morning to prevent flies - seems everywhere doesn't take this precaution though.

We stayed two nights and didn't want to leave. Bicycle down to the beach everyday and relax - amazing. Everyone is so friendly. Took us til the second night to find the street in town where everyone goes which was lovely - all lit up with lanterns and nice places to eat - fab bakery.

Contrary to what another person here says - the hotel arranged an airport transfer minivan for us in the early morning hours which was cheap.

All in all a fantastic stay and would highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms on the ground level away from the pool - the pool rooms looked too close for c...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mrchriswalker
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights at Hoi An Bamboo Village Resort, it was a wonderful retreat after the hustle and bustle of Saigon. The room was spacious, clean and cool but as seems to be the norm in Vietnam the beds were very hard. Breakfast was more than adequate; we only had one evening meal in the hotel which we thoroughly enjoyed. The hotel is a short taxi drive away from town but we didn't find it a problem as a taxi would always arrive within a couple of minutes.The staff were helpful and friendly, all in all a great find.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 2 nights and loved it. The room was huge and had a very comfortable bed, good aircoditioning and nice bathroom. We rented bicycles at the hotel and rode into town and to the beach every day. The breakfast was excellent . Thanks for a very nice time I Hoi An.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hi Heathermcfeather, it has been a pleasure for us to serve you as our value customers.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.
We look forward to serving you again in Hoi An. Best wishes
Riverside Bamboo Resort
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'll start off by saying that I think it was a bit of a low season that I was here (July) and I got a great deal on Agoda - $32 for a room overlooking the pool (I want to say Room 112?) It was a great room. It's not overly private with the room right next to you but honestly I don't need that much privacy (just shut the drapes!) The room was HUGE, one of the biggest I've ever stayed in. Nice big bathroom with a nice tub that I quite enjoyed. Everything was perfectly clean. The bed was hard, as is often the case, but not awful. I felt like I was staying at a luxury resort!

I had a great time here, spent 3 nights in Hoi An (soooo not enough!) The location is a bit out of the way but taxis are sooo easy in Hoi An and during the day you can also take a bicycle. I did walk to town in about 25 minutes but I certainly wouldn't want to be doing that every time. The location other than that is very secluded. Beautiful and calm right on the river (actually it was more of a channel). There were nice chairs to relax either by the pool or at the riverside. I loved the pool! There is a shallow area, which is brilliant, and I saw people either sitting there or playing with small children. Not that many pools include this!

Breakfast was very good, especially because it was included in my rate! Lots of fruit, any kind of drink you could think of, and a few Vietnamese breakfast dishes. My favourite was that there was actually potatoes (hashbrowns)!

Service was great, I had no problem with them.

Overall, I think this is a great option for Hoi An if you're looking for more of a resort style hotel. Especially considering the rate I paid, even though this was out of my budget, it was absolutely the best value I'd experienced in Vietnam.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This resort has a nice view, the room is large and clean. It's take 30 min for walking from this resort to town centre ( about 2km) but a receptionist told me just 1 km from there to town, it's a little bit lied. The price for laundry, drinks, motobikes, bicycle was expensive. mini bar was empty, when I was thrist, open the refrigerator but nothing inside. Can stay here but don't use anything service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends