Hoi An Riverside Bamboo Resort
$112
$184
$179
Agoda.com
Anantara Hoi An Resort(Hoi An)
$404
$35
$32
$39
$37
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I'll start off by saying that I think it was a bit of a low season that I was here (July) and I got a great deal on Agoda - $32 for a room overlooking the pool (I want to say Room 112?) It was a great room. It's not overly private with the room right next to you but honestly I don't need that much privacy (just shut the drapes!) The room was HUGE, one of the biggest I've ever stayed in. Nice big bathroom with a nice tub that I quite enjoyed. Everything was perfectly clean. The bed was hard, as is often the case, but not awful. I felt like I was staying at a luxury resort!

I had a great time here, spent 3 nights in Hoi An (soooo not enough!) The location is a bit out of the way but taxis are sooo easy in Hoi An and during the day you can also take a bicycle. I did walk to town in about 25 minutes but I certainly wouldn't want to be doing that every time. The location other than that is very secluded. Beautiful and calm right on the river (actually it was more of a channel). There were nice chairs to relax either by the pool or at the riverside. I loved the pool! There is a shallow area, which is brilliant, and I saw people either sitting there or playing with small children. Not that many pools include this!

Breakfast was very good, especially because it was included in my rate! Lots of fruit, any kind of drink you could think of, and a few Vietnamese breakfast dishes. My favourite was that there was actually potatoes (hashbrowns)!

Service was great, I had no problem with them.

Overall, I think this is a great option for Hoi An if you're looking for more of a resort style hotel. Especially considering the rate I paid, even though this was out of my budget, it was absolutely the best value I'd experienced in Vietnam.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This resort has a nice view, the room is large and clean. It's take 30 min for walking from this resort to town centre ( about 2km) but a receptionist told me just 1 km from there to town, it's a little bit lied. The price for laundry, drinks, motobikes, bicycle was expensive. mini bar was empty, when I was thrist, open the refrigerator but nothing inside. Can stay here but don't use anything service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank naominaomi2812
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We stayed here as a family of 4 (two children aged 10 and 9) as part of our holiday in Vietnam. We had 2 adjacent rooms which worked very well for us - the boys liked having the space, and the total cost per night ($140) was still on a par with other places we stayed. It's a little way out of town. We walked on the first day, but it was a bit far in the heat so stuck to taxis after that (about $2 each way). The pool was very welcome after the sweltering days walking around. The breakfast was good, but not the best we had on our trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AngusandCarol
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Great air conditioning, really big rooms but was disappointed to find garbage bin still full from last guest, and got a bit of a scare with the amount of rats running in the garden.breakfast was very ordinary, laundry was very expensive.Was very quiet and welcome relief from the hustle and bustle of Vietnam traffic. pool was lovely and clean and as for well maintained gardens ??
Hardest mattress I have ever slept on

Room Tip: Check mattress as very very hard.pool side rooms do not have much privacy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2012

The resort is situated just outside of Hoi An, the rooms are great with the usual fare of what you'd expect from this kind of place in VN. The swimming pool looks beautiful set right near the river. The staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful and I don't think the price was at all expensive. I can only think of one downside, we asked to rent a bike and were shown to a couple of bikes that were not really in good condition and wasted the morning, breaking down then having to find a petrol station. (I've rented a bike for 3months now in Hanoi so I'm not a complete beginner of anything), besides the guy who 'runs' the bike operation, I don't really understand the interaction between him and the hotel, we paid him directly but the hotel later seemed upset at this. It wasn't very professional. Eventually we were given a better bike and I can't really complain about anything else, really enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple