“Our favorite banh mi”

Banh Mi Phuong
Ranked #146 of 941 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We have been serving up the most delicious banh mi in Hoi An for more than 30 years. We use a special sauce made from the juice of the smoked pork to create a standout flavor for own brand . See you at my shop
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This was the best banh mi I've ever had. I highly recommend it.
It took us a while to find it because some addresses/directions in Tripadvisor are incorrect.
Some tips:
We ordered the last sandwich on the menu, with pork and pate. Ask for egg and chili on top - the egg and heat were a terrific combo.
Here's the correct location: It's on Tran Hung Dao, just west of Ngo Gia Tu (also called Hoang Dieu). It's a couple of blocks north of the central market.

1  Thank thatdan
Write a ReviewReviews (2,472)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Best Banh Mi I've ever had, hands down. Went and got three of them in two days. Just amazing. I've never seen anyone stuff as many ingredients into a Banh Mi and they all work in perfect harmony. Fair price, great value, fantastic taste.

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

Banh Mi Phoung - seriously the best sandwich, nay, one of the best meals I have ever had. Food to die for. If there is one thing to travel to Hoi An for, it's these.a banh mi with "everything"... Five spice roasted pork belly and shoulder, chilli, pate, coriander, cucumber, fried egg, lemon grass, a very special sauce,...oh yeah. Skip the crowds in a very touristy hoi an and wrap your mouth around one of these!

Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Went for a bike ride and decided we may as well give old mate Tony's favourite Banh Mi a go. It definitely does not disappoint. Extremely cheap (60,000 D) for two banh mi and two ca phe sua da and extremely tasty! As said below, neck in neck with Madam Khanh. Why not hit both in the same day? Thank you Phuong!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

There are two Banh Mi you have to try in Hoi An: Phuong Banh Mi and Madam Khanh - The Banh Mi Queen. Both are amazing.
Madam Phuong and her family(?) make a mean banh mi. It's not quite like the banh mis I've had in DC (Eden Center) or NYC. The baguette is very light and crispy and the vegetables inside... oh man, the vegetables inside... so good. I'd suggest the pork/egg and pate banh mis, but they are all excellent. The herbs, marinades, and vegetables come together into a blissful sandwich experience. Madam Phuong's banh mis are definitely in my top 5 sandwich list. They are like a drug. I want one right now as I'm writing this... I'm definitely gonna get one tomorrow.

1  Thank Brian P