“The best!”

Banh Mi Phuong
Ranked #79 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: We have been serving up the most delicious banh mi in Hoi An for more than 30 years. We use a special sauce made from the juice of the smoked pork to create a standout flavor for own brand . See you at my shop
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Do yourself a favour and try a bahn mi from this place. I guarantee you won't regret it! I went two days in a row and would've kept going back if it wasn't the end of my holiday. An absolute taste sensation and value for money that's hard to beat. They do a vegetarian version too, which can be hard to find in Vietnamese street food. An absolute winner and one of the stand out meals I had whilst in Vietnam...and the cheapest too!

1  Thank Tasha W
Write a ReviewReviews (2,144)

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Having been a huge fan of AB for years and his vietnamese conquests i made it a mission to track down this highly rated sandwich. It didn't take long as it was only a 2 minute walk from my hotel. Straight away i ordered a couple for myself and my father and then we ordered another 2. I ate several of these during my time in hoi an and i simply can only explain them like this. It is like they mixed the best flavours they could find all together and made a sandwich that you really can taste something new with each bite. The ingredients blend so well to create a flavour explosion and it really leaves you satisfied and wanting more.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I tried several banh mi sandwiches from different vendors during my week long stay in Hoi An and Phuong Banh Mi made a superior sandwich. I didn't order anything specific. I just asked for 2 bahn mi. The sandwiches here had more veggies and I guess better sauce or seasoning. They had more color and more fillings than other places I went to. Also, they we very well staffed, making sandwiches very quickly. If you are looking for a great banh mi, this place is worth visiting.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

I was actually a bit skeptical since the place seemed so hyped up by Anthony Bourdain's visit. Anyhow had to test it myself and I cannot say anything else than - the banh mi was delicious! We paid 20.000 each, as a tourist you almost always end up paying more than locals so couldn't get too fussed about that. The times we passed by the stall there were always local customers waiting as well, some of them ordering 10 at a time to take away. Also tried Madam Khahn's banh mi who is mentioned on TA as the Banh Mi queen, who definitely makes a good sandwich with great care.. Difficult to compare the two as their bahn mi's are just quite different, however the place I returned to was Phuong.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Possibly the best banh mi thit I have had so far. Great secret sauce. Not very spicy, possibly worth asking for some extra chili if that is your thing. Certainly very full, 20k D so middle of the price range.