“Best Bahn Mi I've had in SEA”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Banh Mi Phuong

Banh Mi Phuong
Ranked #58 of 754 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Fast Food, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have been serving up the most delicious banh mi in Hoi An for more than 30 years. We use a special sauce made from the juice of the smoked pork to create a standout flavor for own brand . See you at my shop
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Bahn Mi I've had in SEA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This Bahn Mi stand has a big reputation for making the best Bahn Mi in Vietnam, well I can confirm it is the best I've had in SEA by a long way (and I've had quite a few). The baguettes are perfect, unbelievable fresh, crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. I always opt for the Special with Egg. Filled to overflowing with mayo, pâté, cold pork, tomato, pickled vegetable, herbs and a freshly fried egg and spicy chilli sauce, it is the perfect breakfast or lunch. Pair it with a Vietnamese Iced coffee with milk and you will be in foody heaven! In May 2013 the Special cost 25000 dong.

• Visited May 2013

• Vietnamese first
Coronado, CA
“Best sandwich EVER!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is I think, by FAR, the BEST sandwich ANYWHERE!! Get it with everything. As soon as we discovered these, we had to have one everyday and seriously considered it for dinner too! Rinse it down with a cold beer and I think lunch cost all of $2.00! :)

2 Thank dkrauber
Brisbane
“Love love love this shop!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We love Anthony Bourdain. So when we found out he had eaten a Bahn mi in Hoi An and rated it we decided we better do the same! When we found this little place there were already 5 people waiting. We always found ourselves coming back. So there was 2 eaten in a day. Have a bike ride and what do you know we were back at the little shop. The bread was so fresh. The pate was tasty. You can get chilli and egg and pork all at once. This was our pre lunch and dinner snack when we were riding around Hoi An. The ladies were no nice. The turnover of the food is incredible. It was always busy when we got there. We can’t wait for the day we get to eat another Banh Mi from Hoi An. Bourdain was right!

2 Thank SarahJReviews
Canadian, Texas
“How much you paid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

how much you paid for one food in Hoi An if you do not know you have to come here try the Banh my(phuong)I made sure its the best Banh my in SEA!

Visited April 2013
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Sauce is to die for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

After reading all the rave reviews on this stall, my friends and I made sure we would put the Banh mi to the taste test when we hit Hoi An. So today, we found it and we smashed it! Having grown up in Cabramatta, Sydney Australia, we are spoilt with several Banh mi shops, all offering the 'best' Banh mi thits. Although Phuong Banh Mi offers a slightly different filling that we are use to back home, we would still rate their banh mi a 9/10. A definite must try. The home made sauce that they put in the bread gives it a massive kick and just brings everything together. We paid a ridiculous VND 30 000 (AU$1.50) for this yummy, delicious goodness!