“Interesting local tour with great guide!”
Review of Coconut Tours

Coconut Tours
Ranked #30 of 150 Outdoor Activities in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Phuoc offers cycling tours with a foodie edge, cooking classes run from the kitchen of his riverside thatched cottage. And now Eat Hoi An - a street food adventure visiting the best of Hoi An's street food carts and introducing you to his old family friends, the faces behind the flavours. Coconut Tours Hoi An aims to take you away from the ordinary and put you in the middle of the extraordinary. Fantastic tour itineraries at prices that won't break your budget.
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic day with Huynh Huu Phuoc on his fun and interesting sunrise bike tour and boat/island tour. He visited us at our hotel the day before the tour to take us through the schedule for the day and also to give us local tips for Hoi An, which was a nice touch. I don't want to give away all the fun elements from the day but would highly recommend this tour. The cycling is easy through stunning scenery and there is lots of local activities and interactions throughout the tour.

There are newer reviews for Coconut Tours

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I could not thank phou enough for the best day out of two weeks of traveling in vietnam!
I found him on trip advisor and so lucky I did!
I booked a morning bicycle tour and he showed up just on time and took me all around Hoi an with his great English and welcoming smile, we cycled for three hours and the time just went by. We stopped wherever I wanted along the way, and he turned out to be a talented photographer as well!
After returning to to the city, phou asked what were my plans for the rest of the day, and unfortunately I told him I have only 2 hours left before I take off. Then kindest phou took me free of charge on his scooter for 2 amazing hours at the back streets of Hoi an. He introduced me to his mother (who works at the local market) bought me the most delicious bun-mi of the trip, some special desert and a tour around the market. And needless to say back on time to my hotel to catch the bus. I wish I had met him on my first day there and took his cooking class, as well as his fantastic tip about everything around. Don't miss this guy! You will not regret it!!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We found Coconut Tours via Trip Advisor. We contacted Phuoc to see if we could spend Christmas morning with him. He arrived at our hotel on time and put us in a taxi to the market while my 7 year old daughter joined him on his motorbike! We had to taxi during the day as my husband is recovering from ankle surgery and cannot walk/bike distances. We had the most interesting tour of the market and it was great to get insight into how to buy items like spring roll wrapping paper and fruit. I tried the juiciest mango and mangosteen yet! It was great to be able to shop for our ingredients.

When we got back to Phuoc's purpose built rooms, we met his sister who did a lot of prep while we went to the gardens. The gardens we visited were amazing as was returning to see the pork and other items we had bought had been meticulously prepared and chopped/minced ready for our input!

I cannot say enough about Phuoc's manner, enthusiasm and entrepreneurship. He is a really great host and he makes you feel like more than a paying 'client'. I would recommend you contact home basis his website for anything local I am sure he can sort you out! I must also say he is brilliant with children!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We found Coconut Tours on Trip Advisor and after a quick phone call Phouc came to meet us at our hotel to discuss tour options - a sunrise cycle trip round Hoi An or a cooking course. We went for the $7 3 hour sunrise cycle tour and it was a simply wonderful way to explore Hoi An and the countryside around. Phouc is fun, energetic and informative - we visited the markets, the little streets and alleys of Hoi An - including a breakfast stop - which was authentic and delicious. We then cycled around the countryside - seeing shrimp farms and the market gardens which were fascinating. It is the most perfect time of the day to see Hoi An - and once you have got up at 5.30am you will want to be doing it every morning.

1  Thank katiebadger100
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Combine small private cooking class, market walk, cycle and foot massage !! Yes you gets the lot here for $20 US
A morning meet with Fuoc and a chat over coffee sets the day going. What would you like to cook ? What would you like to see ? Let me help you plan the best day ? Are really all the right questions to say up front.

A good tour of the market meeting people that have obviously known Fouc all his life. Laughter and banter with informative knowledge of herbs and produce. Selecting prawns and meats from vendors and then a hand full of goodies from his proud mum.

Next a cycle back o his grandparents place for the herb village tour and cooking class.

The communal herb village is wonderful and great to see the love of organic production. The unique use of seaweed in the cultivativation. You get to use the plough and water the herbs in the Vietnamese way. After this "hard" labour :-) its time to cook.
A lot of food prep is done for you, you get a book to write the items down and techniques used through the next few hours. The food is rustic, home style cooking. Fouc is not a 5 star chef so don't expect complex techniques and flavour balancing and reductions - but do expect Vietnamese home style cooking and flavour combinations and simple techniques and tips.
One pan was used but in a class of 2 that is easily enough and we got fantastic attention.
I would have though e maximum here would be about 4 people so maybe check that.

We all sat down together and ate - discussing the world, food, cultures, and business concepts.

This is then all topped off with a foot massage !!! Yep you heard it. A great way to finish and more should do this. Leaves you feeling great :-)
Overall a wonderful day - a different style of cooking class, if you have done a few then this is a little different - if you have never done one this is a fun one to start with.

1  Thank Stu531