“Nice - go down the road for a quieter beach spot”
Review of Cua Dai Beach

Ranked #34 of 123 things to do in Hoi An
Cincinnati, Ohio
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Nice - go down the road for a quieter beach spot”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I enjoyed the beach. I rode my bike there two different days from town. I went to a part of the beach further down the coast from Cua Dai as it was less busy. There are many many restaurants from which you can rent beach chairs. I think the chair was like 5,000 dong at one place and at another it was 7,000 plus I bought drinks. There are also places to park your bike, so no need to worry about that. I found the beach itself to be clean, no garbage. There are people who walk around selling things but they aren't aggressive and are very friendly to chat with, even if you don't buy anything. One day I was by myself and one of the young women selling stopped by and I told her no but then she asked if she could chat and practice her english. I was skeptical at first thinking she would try to convince me to buy, but really she just wanted a chat! It was one of my favorite experiences in Vietnam. I learned that this is their job and is very much a job - they have bosses and they have shifts and sections of beach that are theirs for that shift. That was eye opening to me as I assumed it was just random people that went to the beach and walked around selling. She told me it is hard to get a job at a hotel or restaurant so she had the job selling on the beach while she finishes school and practices her english. She hopes to work in a hotel one day as that is a very good job. So be nice to the beach sellers and enjoy the beach!

Visited February 2013

486 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 295 helpful votes
“A beach is a beach”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Stayed on this beach - and what do you say - it is a beautiful sandy beach fringed by coconut plams and near the village of Cua Dai there are lots of restaurants. I must admit most of it was trashed as we had just arrived after the typhoon but they were hard at work cleaning it up and re-building it. Guess by now it is pristine. It is worth a trip to it .

Visited November 2013
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Decent Beach”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I was here at the wrong season as April would be a more beautiful season for the beaches. It looks decent during December and there were a number of food places at there.

Visited December 2013
Geelong
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“peaceful beach”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The beach was very clean although the water was not clear. My family enjoyed the warm water and the yummy food on the beach. The option is to hire the beach chairs for 30,000 VD or sit for free as long as you order food. A few sellers on the beach but they were not too bad, remembering they are all trying to make a living.

Visited December 2013
Sydney
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Good cheap restaurants nearby, beware the tailors....”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had a lovely ride from Hoi An to Cua Dai beach. Just before you get to the T intersection at the beach on the road from Hoi An, there is a great Restaurant about 5 shops from the T on your Right (from Hoi An) There is a tiny lane beside it where you can park your motorbikes. Good food of all sorts and cheap. Pizza for the kids, hot chips, vietnamese, it has it all. After luch we crossed the road to look at clothes shops, when I walked in, I realised one was a tailor. I proceeded to leave politely (couldnt get anything made, we were leaving that arvo). I was literally pushed by the lady back into the shop, I was offended but did not show it, walked around the shop and headed to the door after a lap. 3 women blocked the door and insisted I buy something. I felt bad, they were obviously having a quiet day, but I could not help. I asked to leave and was again pushed backwards in the shop, the door remained blocked. I had my 13 yr old daughter with me. Now I figured I had better show I was offended and firmly told them we would be leaving now and to please make way at the door. They did relent but I wasnt happy that they had made me become aggressive. Not a pleasant experience. But the restaurant and the other shops......great! Go visit.

Visited November 2013