“Great food in Hoi An! Must visit!”

Green Mango Restaurant
Ranked #85 of 880 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Diner, Vietnamese, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the historic centre of Hoi An. Set in a very traditional Japanese & Chinese shophouse. The setting and ambience is worth a visit
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food here is amazing! Would strongly recommend especially if in need of a western fix! The food is slightly more pricey but definatley worth the visit. The decor is also refreshing from the cultural decor of Hoi An! Good service as well!

2  Thank Rachael D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,222)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

It's very nice restaurant, friendly staff, great tastes between authentic vietnamese food and international food , especially the decoration of the restaurant as well as the food is very artistic !

2  Thank 10,066
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We went to Mr Hai's cooking class after being recommended by others, and it turned out to be an experience we'll remember forever. Ìf you are interested in Vietnamese cuisine - flavours, techniques and combinations - I can't think òf a better way to understand it than from Mr Hai's cooking class.

We went on a Friday morning, and were the only two people in the class. We chose five dishes to cook from the líst òf 25 the day before. When we arived, we were taken by one òf the waitresses to the market, where we learnt about the various ingredients, and tried a local desert 'che'.

When we returned to the restaurant, Hai had prepared all the ingredients for our five dishes and we begun to cook. Hai told us that we had picked some of the móst complex dishes from the líst, but nevertheless was enthusiastic about preparing them, even though it took mỏre than 3 hours rather than the alloted two.

We smoked our duck over green tea, barbecued meat patties, made spring roles and creme brulee to name a few. To cap it off, at the end òf the class a beautiful table ís set for you with all the food you and Hai have prepared - a veritable feast which alone justified the $25 price òf the class.

Ìf you are looking for a cookery class in Hoi An, look no further. We will certainly be visiting Hai's other restaurants in Vietnam.

2  Thank OllieC290
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'd read all the great reviews and so my girlfriends and I had lunch here on our first day in Hoi An. The food was average - I couldn't even finish my meal. I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I attended the cookery workshop delivered by High, last week. It was amazing, a group of us travelling with G Travel, all different levels of ability. It was a highlight of my holiday. Possibly the most relaxed cookery experience, I learnt such a lot. If that wasn't enough, we all got to eat the food. Perfect. Thank you High.

1  Thank Denny697