“excellent food”

Ranked #83 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Diner, Vietnamese, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located in the historic centre of Hoi An. Set in a very traditional Japanese & Chinese shophouse. The setting and ambience is worth a visit
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We had a great meal here, I had chicken with cashews and my husband had stuffed tomatoes. The restaurant is well set out although it was a little dark for my liking..

3  Thank 60lisachapman
Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating at Green Mango while I was on holiday in Hoi An. I was told about this place by a friend who lived in Vietnam for years and said this was a must try while visiting. She was correct. I am a chef myself and one of my goals during the trip was to try and learn everything I could about Vietnamese food. My meal at Mango was nothing less than wonderful. I was able to meet with the Manager, Mac and Chef/owner Hai who were both extremely gracious. Incidentally I had the blackened sea bass cooked perfectly and with heaps of flavor. I am looking forward to the next time I can get back there for a visit and take his cooking class too. Thanks guys.

1  Thank drothbart
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Today I did the cooking class at the Green Mango. I had a fantastic time!! The owner himself,a very nice guy, introduced us in the world of Vietnamese cooking. We went to the market,where he patientelly explained all the ingredents we needed for our meal. we smelled and tasted everything. That was great. Later on we cooked 5 meals together. He showed us each step and we could try each step ourselves. After 4 hours of shopping and cooking we could enjoy our delicious meals. I had a fantastic time at the Green Mango and if you're in Hoi An,make sure you don't miss it! it's defenitely worth going there!!!!

1  Thank mir_asp
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had one of the most enjoyable meals here. While it is a bit more pricey than some other places it is well worth it. The restaurant has a fantastic atmosphere and the staff were fun and attentive and spoke excellent English. We had the best Cocktails here. The food is a creative blend of vietnamese and western. We enjoyed our time here so much we came back for a cooking lesson a couple of days later. This was a highlight of our trip. We got to explore the markets and learn about local produce. The owner/head chef spent hours with us teaching us excellent skills and techniques to make incredible food. We have already put on a Vietnamese feast back home. This was excellent value for money and so much fun. We felt extremely welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. A must do in Hoi An.

1  Thank Allyssa C
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had a cooking lesson at Green Mango. The food we prepared was extremely fresh and we made a variety if delicious meals. The Pho that he helped prepare was the best pho that I have tried in Vietnam by a long way. The owner ran the cooking class and is very talented and passionate about his food. Excellent place to have a go at cooking and try Vietnamese food. Also an excellent place to have a meal.

1  Thank Patrick K