“Excellent in every way”

Rin My Fashion Tailors
Ranked #83 of 407 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: RIN MY TAILORS is a family owned and run business which offers old fashion friendly service and help from experienced staff speaking good English. We are located at the edge of the old town away from the hustle and bustle so you can shop in peace at your own pace. Enjoy a family atmosphere in a shop offering an extensive range of quality fabrics for both men and women. We make suits, shirts, coats, shorts, dresses, skirts, trousers. All garments are double stitched and a perfect fit is guaranteed or you get your money back. This is no risk shopping at keen prices. Bring photos, web pages, clothes to copy or browse through the in house catalogues. WIFI is available.
Hanoi
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent in every way”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Previous TripAdvisor recommendations, posted outside the store, caused us to investigate possibly having some clothes made. Everything in the store was extremely professional. Unlike virtually every other tailor shop in a city known for its tailoring, the store was uncrowded, very well-organized and clean, and had an amazing selection of the finest materials. The staff was courteous, reasonably good English skills, and was very helpful in suggesting fabrics, colours and patterns. Initially I ordered 4 sets of slacks for delivery in 1-1/2 days. We were so impressed that we also ordered two dress shirts with French cuffs and contrasting colour accents.
The next afternoon, we returned for a fitting. The slacks needed very minor alterations, and the shirts were a perfect fit and so attractive, that we ordered two more shirts for delivery the next morning. No problem!! All at a small fraction of the price we have paid for similar work back home. Mrs Hoa and her family run an excellent operation.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Anton E

Wiltshire
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Service, Nice People”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Visited Rin My on the recommedations from Tripadvisor and have to say we were not dissapointed. I had one shirt made to my design just to be sure and was very impressed so ordered another 4 shirts and a very nice suit. My wife was impressed with the clothes that she had 3 copies of here favourite shirt made in under 24 hours. The whole experience was exceptional and we had a great laugh with the staff over the week we were in Hoi An. With loads of material to choose from the hard part is the selection of fabric and the design you want. I will definatley be going back on my next vist.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank SMBJWiltshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Friendly warm service with a great selection of fabrics”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I don't agree with some of the previous reviews about limited fabric. There are loads!! A great choice and a good, wholesome all round service. They treated me and my friend like family when we went in and had suits made. We were even invited to a family party, a real Vietnamese experience.
We spent 3 days in Hoi An whilst our suits were made and the quality is great. If you are in a rush, don't expect your clothes to be made in perfect condition since any shop will rush it and often (especially in the case of Rin My) very busy!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank cb3689
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good quality clothes that you will wear!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was initially skeptical but have worn the dress I had made at Rin My tailors and am now convinced it is very well made and good quality wool and silk. I received lots of comments from colleagues who thought it was from a high end corporate wear shop!

The process was so easy, how shopping should be! I got 2 dresses and a blazer and my partner got a suit and we're very happy with all of them. The staff didn't seem too happy to have out business at first, but a third women swept in towards the end and bought us coffees from across the road and chatted happily to us.

Make sure you are very specific about exactly what you want and don't be afraid to take your time to choose the fabric. It takes a good 48 hours if you want to be able to try the stuff on have alterations made.

We also went to the sister shoe maker. The quality of the shoes doesn't seem so good and they didn't have some of the leather I wanted. We only had 24 hours to have the shoes made which I dont think was long enough so I think they rushed them.

1 Thank Sweetek
Zurich, Switzerland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Good quality”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We made one suit, two shirts and one dress at Rin My fashion. We were very satisfied with the result. The dress is very buitiful and fits very well. The suits has only one thing we were not satisfied of: the stitching on the jacket was not covered by the fold of the jacket. So we will have to change it. Otherwise we were happy. Compared to Trunc Duc, were we bought more clothes, Rin My is not as excellent, therefore we ranked it as very good, though being very satisfied.

Visited January 2013