“Amazing Experience”

Rin My Fashion Tailors
Ranked #83 of 400 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: RIN MY TAILORS is a family owned and run business which offers old fashion friendly service and help from experienced staff speaking good English. We are located at the edge of the old town away from the hustle and bustle so you can shop in peace at your own pace. Enjoy a family atmosphere in a shop offering an extensive range of quality fabrics for both men and women. We make suits, shirts, coats, shorts, dresses, skirts, trousers. All garments are double stitched and a perfect fit is guaranteed or you get your money back. This is no risk shopping at keen prices. Bring photos, web pages, clothes to copy or browse through the in house catalogues. WIFI is available.
7 attraction reviews
“Amazing Experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After being referred by good friends of ours (Ash & Trina), we called past Rin My on our first day in Hoi An, and we can say that they were nothing short of being amazing. Such nice people, and were so helpful.

The first day we went in, chose with some help of the girls what we were after (we took photos in as well, which for the jackets they made exactly what we were after), got measured up and were on our way within an hour (the fresh water they provided us was a life saver considering the heat!).

Less than 24 hours we were back to try on the clothes for our first fitting. All were perfect, so we decided to get more!

We ended up having made:
- 1 male suit
- 2 cocktail dresses
- 3 pairs jeans (male and female)
- 2 Jackets (male and female)

All for around $400 US.

All fit absolutely perfect and look amazing.

We can't thank the girls enough for all their work with us (as we had no idea what we were doing to start with!).

We highly recommend Rin My and we cannot wait to send over some more requests via email.

Matt & Julie (Australia)

Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Worth the walk”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We found Rin My whilst researching on Trip Advisor and given the 100% positive views and a budget that would struggle to stretch to a couple of the bigger names we decided to go and have a look at this place.

It is a little bit out of the main touristy area of town but the walk was definitely worth it (less than 10 mins). As noted in other reviews the selection of materials wasn't massive but it had all the usual suit colours and designs so unless you are after something "quirky" I think you would be fine.

We had 4 (three piece) suits and two shirts made for about $650, we didn't try and barter but also given the prices at other places for equivalent suits (material etc) we didnt feel we needed to.

We had one suit made first to check it was the style and quality we were looking for. The cut and fit were great even just at first fitting. The staff had even noticed details in the pictures we had provided that we hadn't even seen ourselves.

The suits were all made in 3 days.

The only issue we had was that one of the materials we chose had a natural
Inconsistency in it which wasn't spotted until the suit was made. The staff showed us the whole roll of material as they wanted to make sure we understood. There wasn't time to make a whole new suit or choose a new material but the staff still made a second pair of trousers for the suit so the inconsistency was less obvious giving us this 2nd pair free!

We would definitely recommend this place wholeheartedly despite our mishap.

Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Clothes, Fantastic Service”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Of the many tailors in Hoi An, none beat Rin My. You can investigate this yourself, but you will waste your time and find out that I was right all the time. Rin My is the best. You can bring any catalog photo of any suit, jacket, shirt, slacks, etc., get measured, pick your fabric, go over the details and come back the NEXT DAY for the fitting. My recent experience was terrific: I got some suits, a blue blazer and some slacks, and they are all great. The clothes were done right, there were no adjustments needed, and I left with everything I ordered after I tried them on.
I didn't discover this place myself; someone recommended it to me. It turns out that Rin My is as good as they say. They keep a visitor log, recommendations written by customers, in a few large books. Check them out, there are hundreds of people who already know how good this place is.
On top of that, Hoi An is a charming city, with quiet beach possibilities during the day and walks through the ancient city at night. Try to schedule your visit to coincide with a full moon. The streets of the ancient city are aglow with lighted lanterns at night, which is a terrific sight on its own, but on the full moon lighted candles are launched onto the river and that it spectacular.
Plus, everyone in Hoi An in so warm and friendly. Have some Cao Lao or Com Ga Hoi An at a restaurant.

2 Thank RichardWhitney
UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Not the biggest, but the best service”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We tried a few clothes shops in Hoi An, including Haly - one of the bigger ones. Whilst, a top-notch tailor from the Milan, etc.. may have something to say about the quality of work that goes on in Hoi An, the average shopper will love the clothes and we were more than happy with ours.

Rin My didnt have the selection of materials that other, bigger places had but definitely made up for it with service and final goods. They actually listened to what you were after, talked through options, took time to carefully go through fittings, were happy to make final alterations and delivered great quality clothes (a suit and a jacket for me, two dresses for my girlfriend).

I'd certainly recommend including these guys on the short list if you're looking for a Hoi An tailor.

3 Thank UkBryno
Whakatane, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Stop your search! All round excellence!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

My mother and I arrived in Hoi An and had no idea where to go to get some clothes made. Our hotel gave us some suggestions but in the end we chose Rin My from the reveiws on here and we're so glad we did.

We arrived at the shop with the intention of getting some clothes copied but once we had sat down the lovely ladies promptly put massive catalogues in front of us. By the time we had finished we had chosen an assortment of clothes to be made, as well as the copies we had originally had planned.

We promptly had every possible measurement taken and were told to return at 11am the next day for a fitting. Pretty impressive turn around as between us we had ordered something like 4 pairs of shorts, 8 pairs of trousers, a skirt and several tops.

We returned the next afternoon for our fitting and were very impressed with the clothes. My mother, who used to sew herself, thought the sewing was excellent (professional, high quality) and most of the clothes needed no adjustments. We were so impressed that we ordered extras of some of the items. I also brought along a skirt at this time and asked them to copy it and make it a bit longer. We were told the items would be read at 11am the next day.

Early the next morning (the day before we were to leave Hoi An) my mother took my father in to get fitted for a pair of shorts and a shirt. He was told to return at 5pm for his fitting.

Mum and I went in later that day and picked up our clothes, including my skirt (my new favourtie wardrobe item) and the additional trousers and were very happy with our purchases.

When we returned at 5pm for Dad's fitting, the motorbike from the workshop turned up exactly at the same time as us. Dad's clothes fit perfectly so we took them however mum had decided she didn't like the zip on one of her tops. After a lengthy conversation between the lovely ladies of Rin My and the tailor (it wasn't going to be an easy alteration) they told mum to call in on our way out of Hoi An the next morning to pick up the top. When we picked it up they had managed to adhere to mum's request.

So to sum up:
Very knowledgable, friendly and effectient assistants
Excellent sewing
Quick turn around
Happy to make changes, however big or small

Would happily go again.

My only regret is that my weight allowance prevented me from buying any more.

2 Thank Sian83