“Best Bar on the Beach”
Review of Banyan Beach Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

Banyan Beach Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vietnamese, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, chilled out restaurant and bar on An Bang Beach. We cater for everyone including solo travellers, backpackers, family, surfers and couples. We have a great variety of food, cold beers, surfboards and international wines.
Reviewed January 17, 2014

The French lads running Le Banyan are some of the best people in Hoi An. You go for a beer and stay for the conversation and genuine welcoming attitude. We were in the area for a few weeks and stopped by almost every three days or so. The food was of a very high quality. It was nice the way everyone was just as happy to see our daughters as they were my husband and me. Can't wait to sit there again and drink a beer during sunset while listening to DJ Dirty Fingrz.

There are newer reviews for Banyan Beach Bar and Restaurant

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We love our food & decided to eat here last night after reading all the good reviews seen on TA. We are staying at An Bang Seaside Village so a 5 minute walk away....but the food was truly average - not sure if it was an off night or not... We selected from the tapas menu - calamari over cooked, tuna carpaccio very average, bruschetta also very non-descript, the potatoes were the best.....no-one else eating there last night...no vibe at all.....

Reviewed January 1, 2014

An Afro-clad foreigner behind the bar kicked me out for taking a photo of him on NYE. He was rude and very unkind and verbally assaulted me for nothing. I heard it was the bar's last night in business, which is the only good thing I can say about it.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great bar on the beach just outside Hoi An. Played pool, drank beer and some great vodka shots and have a swim to cool off. Well worth a visit

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was looking for a surf board for my one day at the beach. It was mid-November and I pinpointed the one day that might have decent surf. It was OK, but I made the best of it. And I wouldn't have been able to without the hospitality of Julienne, the French owner of the bar. Surf was pretty mushy so he loaned me a SUP and paddle which I used to beat myself up in the surf. Managed to catch a handful of waves and had a pretty good time. In between sessions, I had a few beers and Julienne and I talked and I got to learn a little about him and Vietnam. A very gracious host. I would highly recommend spending some time at this par