“Feel at home at Banyan Bar”
Review of Banyan Beach Bar and Restaurant - CLOSED

Banyan Beach Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vietnamese, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Relaxed, chilled out restaurant and bar on An Bang Beach. We cater for everyone including solo travellers, backpackers, family, surfers and couples. We have a great variety of food, cold beers, surfboards and international wines.
Jackson, Wyoming
“Feel at home at Banyan Bar”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was looking for a surf board for my one day at the beach. It was mid-November and I pinpointed the one day that might have decent surf. It was OK, but I made the best of it. And I wouldn't have been able to without the hospitality of Julienne, the French owner of the bar. Surf was pretty mushy so he loaned me a SUP and paddle which I used to beat myself up in the surf. Managed to catch a handful of waves and had a pretty good time. In between sessions, I had a few beers and Julienne and I talked and I got to learn a little about him and Vietnam. A very gracious host. I would highly recommend spending some time at this par

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great place to chill.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

There are a bunch of restaurants lined up on the An Bang Beach in Hoi An. The Le Banyan lies right at the end - and its well worth the small walk that takes you there.

A fantastic view, a very quiet beach (especially during the day) , a fabulous view and very good service. I would totally recommend Le Banyan. The prices are extremely reasonable too.

• Visited October 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Perfect for lunch and dinner”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

One of my best moments in Hoi An. I really hate routine and yet I loved spending my days at the Banyan and some early evening there. Even if it is a little bit away from the center, this place is great. The staff are lovely and very helpful, and they speak English. I had lunch and dined several times and each time, I was conquered. If it gets too hot, just a few steps away you can go swimming. The view is superb and if time permits, stay for the sunset, it is sublime. Few tourists so you will have you quiet moments. A place that I recommend. In short, the Banyan contributed to my wonderful stay in Hoi An and I was very sad to leave the city after 5 days. I would gladly have stayed longer!

• Visited September 2013
Hanoi Bac Mai, null, Vietnam
“Legend of chill”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Wife and I used to live in & I worked in Vietnam for a great restaurant group for 2yrs. [Now I'm in laos]
They sent me to Hoi An for 1 month a year to look after their place there, nice.
Happy they did. I found Banyan.

I lost count of how many times we went [still not enough! Rain, welcome to tropics they have a volcanic stone cottage can chill'ax in, sunshine= hmmm] I promised to send a trip advisor so here I am 1 year late doing it:

Every chance we got, we rented bicycles or a moto & go fast to banyan so we could go slow.
You love to eat fresh food [ie: you watch fisherman come in, in his round traditional boat, walks up the beach with a tuna kicking in a final 'gasp' on his shoulder & within 5 minutes it is on the blackboard menu tuna gravalax with...] a friendly environment under grass/thatch huts on the beach to chill & drink wine, mojitos>>> then this is it. Waves on the beach & mint in your drink.
Miss the place.
If you go then Make sure you ask Juliane Or his business partner[Sorry mate forgot your name] for the home made shooter.
Tell 'em it is on me. The fat Aussie pizza guy from Hanoi.

If you want 5star facilities & service go to a Danang resort. this is a small chilled out run place.
Eat, drink, relax and... and.... Breathe

• Visited November 2012
Aliso Viejo, California, United States
“Awesome Chill Spot!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying at An Bang Seaside Village homestay, which was very close to Banyan. We ventured here on our second day, and visited every day thereafter. This place is awesome...great people, great food, and a big drink menu with lots of options for all of you thirsty people! Very chill and great vibes from everyone we met at Le Banyan Bar. If you are in this area, definately check this place out. One of the highlights of our trip, can't wait to go back someday. Big Thanks to Julian and his awesome, welcoming staff!

• Visited September 2013