“A rotten place”

Ranked #184 of 264 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Osaka, Japan
“A rotten place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

If you tell other locals you are staying at Hoi Pho, they laugh and ask how much she is charging you.

In the morning I complained to the hotel owner that the water heater and the air conditioner hadn't worked, and I asked for some of our money back. She told me she had already discounted my room to $12 and could not discount it anymore.

"We're already the cheapest place in Hoi An," she pronounced.

"That's not true," I said. "There are plenty of places for $10."

"Then why don't you stay there?" she asked. A very good question.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed September 12, 2013

After having a great stay here I logged on to leave a review and had to check if this was the same hotel I’d stayed in.

The place was being renovated while we were there but as we were out early and back after dinner we didn't have any issue with this.

Reception staff were lovely (especially Tho) and gave us advice on how to be safe and enjoy our time in Hoi An.

We stayed in a big room on the top floor with excellent views out over the street. Door lock was a bit iffy but a lockable wardrobe inside held all our stuff.

Left ALL our cash and passports at reception and Tho counted it all with me and gave a receipt. When we left, everything was still there.

They were very good at advising attractions and had a couple of suggestions of tailors and tours. When we didn't go with their suggestions they didn't push or get upset.

Hopefully the cause of the poor reviews are behind them as it was a great central place to stay and we had a brilliant time.

Room Tip: Use the safety deposit box behind the desk. Count what goes in and get a receipt Use the lock on th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ross P
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

The are renovation this hotel the room I have was new but the furniture was still old, downside is that the working staff starts at 7am and not 10am what the hotel say me.

When I go for eating I left the key by the reseption and when I was back my camera tablet and cash money where gone, the hotel staff didn't want to call the police so I did it by myself, in the end the police can't do anything no cameras in the hotel.

When I'm wanted to go the overcharche me to, the say 18$ for a night and yesterday the told me 12$ the say `no pay no passport ` and force my to pay.

Whorst experience I ever have.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Anon1337

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel stuff look really kind, but actualy they stole me 2,000,000 vdn (well hiden) from my backpack. The laundry wasn´t washed in washmachine, but only handwash. Bathroom stinks. Never again! Don´t stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank tomaslavik
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed in an unfinished room and there was work being done next door. The girl who checked us in was very nice and said there will be no work until 10am next door, any earlier and we wouldn't have stayed. We hardly slept through the night thanks to the traffic (which isn't their fault), when we finally got to sleep about 3am we only had a couple of hours before the work started at 7am. For another $5 a night we moved about 5 doors up and had a much much better experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nickmoad
Hoi An, Vietnam
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I would explain with details my experience here, but many people did already. Just like the others, They kept asking what we were going to do for the day and ask for the key. then they went in our room and took 200 USD that I had very well hidden in my bag. sheets, towels and services are awful as well. there is a construction going on at the building so sleeping was difficult as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maurozg
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

The only positive thing in their rooms is a big window, everything else is awful. Furniture old, bedsheets dirty, towels look like floorcloth. Smell in bathroom disgusting.
Stuff seems to be very nice and friendly before it comes to paying bills. They're cheating everywhere.
They wanted to charge us for some items from mini-bar we didn't eat. And almost 50% more for laundry, as it turned out to be 'hand wash' and not machine, price for which they told us before. And this is just a part of a whole situation.

• Stayed April 2013