Hoi Pho Hotel
$67
$94
$77
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsold towndouble roomperfect locationphovery nice stayfamily roomnha trangenjoyed my staywould stay againfree breakfasthome away from homestayed here for nightsmin walklovely hotelhostelvietnamtours
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

At first seemed like a bargain for 15 dollars the receptionist was friendly and the room looked clean. We went out and after the smell of the air freshener had gone it smelled putrid, by the time we were back (about 1pm) was too late to find somewhere else to stay so ended up sleeping in it, or not, when I told the front desk they were rude, I told them I was letting them know before I wrote a review and they obviously didn't care, enough other hotels nearby for the same price or just a few dollars more! It really was awful behaviour

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank cornishjay
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Please please do not stay at this hotel, 1 star is too much for them! If we had seen the reviews of this hotel befor we came we would not of stayed here. We had over 100£ stolen from our room, from our emergency wallet that we allways had hidden, they knew what to look for. They keep your key and ask what your doing for the day so they know how long you will be. I would understand if the room had been visibly broken into but it was obvious the key had been used. No doubt they over charged us for the flights as well. To every one reading these reviews don't even bother looking at this place, tell every one who's going to hoi an not to go to this place!!! Avoid this place!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Roommush
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I wish we visited tripadvisor before....
We had no other place to go because everything was full because of the Tet festivities, the woman at the reception charged us double the normal price in USD, after that she told us we had to pay in Dong at a horrible exchange rate. The bathroom smelled like the toilet in a very busy bar and the beds were dirty and old. She tried to push us into all kind of trips and tailor shops. We surely didn't leave any money or electronics unattended at the room, because we could feel we couldn't trust the people. We left next morning, a good lesson for us to always check the room first.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dutchydreej
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay there. I guess if you read this, it's because it's already too late as you stayed there. Can't see any othet reason why else you would look this hotel up. Dirty, aged rooms and furniture. Big room but would rather stay in a prison cell or in a basic bungalow especially you paying for the price of a decent hotel room fee. Staff are arogant, she told me she was going to search my bag for my passport if i don't leave it with her at reception. I didn't leave it there, she made me pay up front. HORRIBLE PLACE.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank MrsBalaton
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel!! The staff forced us to leave the key at reception when we went out, then used it to enter the room, rummage through our bags and take the money we had set aside for our visas for our travels. We were horrified to read so many other similar reviews from travellers and checked out to another hotel nearby. Do not stay at Hoi Pho Hotel!!

• Stayed: January 2013