“Horrible place!”

and 1 more site!
Hoi Pho Hotel
Ranked #197 of 288 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I wish we visited tripadvisor before....
We had no other place to go because everything was full because of the Tet festivities, the woman at the reception charged us double the normal price in USD, after that she told us we had to pay in Dong at a horrible exchange rate. The bathroom smelled like the toilet in a very busy bar and the beds were dirty and old. She tried to push us into all kind of trips and tailor shops. We surely didn't leave any money or electronics unattended at the room, because we could feel we couldn't trust the people. We left next morning, a good lesson for us to always check the room first.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dutchydreej

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay there. I guess if you read this, it's because it's already too late as you stayed there. Can't see any othet reason why else you would look this hotel up. Dirty, aged rooms and furniture. Big room but would rather stay in a prison cell or in a basic bungalow especially you paying for the price of a decent hotel room fee. Staff are arogant, she told me she was going to search my bag for my passport if i don't leave it with her at reception. I didn't leave it there, she made me pay up front. HORRIBLE PLACE.

1  Thank MrsBalaton
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel!! The staff forced us to leave the key at reception when we went out, then used it to enter the room, rummage through our bags and take the money we had set aside for our visas for our travels. We were horrified to read so many other similar reviews from travellers and checked out to another hotel nearby. Do not stay at Hoi Pho Hotel!!

1  Thank vikki_richo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

...... First they got annoyed when we took the $12 room over the $15 room.... They act so nice to ur face, then they ask u where your going and using ur key u have to leave at reception, they let themselves in and help them selves to money.... We are so lucky we only had $20 and some Malaysian money In the room ( in our backpacks) but they took everything except a $1 note!!!! They push tours on u and bus tickets to ur next destination!.... We didn't book anything from them, we just got the hell outta there... They're just a bunch of fake, thieving cons!!! dONOT sTAY hERE!!! ....oh and not to mention the ripped bed sheets and white towels that are brown!!! Bec and vikki Australia

2  Thank Beccak885
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Given the price the room was simply horrible. The linen and the towels were clean but so old that they were not white anymore, not to talk about the strange red spots on them. I was clearly overcharged as the staff pretended the prices exposed (250) were in dollars and not in dongs, well they either forgot to add a comma or they are scammers. Same thing with the My Son tour, the reception tried to sell me the tour for 200% of the average cost. I really didn't feel this place was worth the fame it got because of Lonely Planet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank eisht
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Toilet of a place. We did the over nighter and arrived shattered and just wanting somewhere to crash. Computers were broken, wifi on the blink, holes in bed sheets, blood spots and stains on bed sheets, bed sheets damp, over priced laundry service, jacked up prices at check in desk, staff unhelpful. 8 of us checked in and by the evening all 8 were looking for somewhere else to stay. Places just up the street were around the same price and soooo much nicer! Do not stay here..it's a toilet!

3  Thank martin o
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This place needs to straighten its self out, as well as hire some new staff. The rooms were filthy and the staff weren't interested in giving any of their time to you. When my friend arrived in his room the sheets on his bed were still wet and when he complained they basically told him to build a bridge and get over it. My other friend found blood stains on her sheets. In a nutshell Hoi Pho sucks. If I wanted to stay in squaller I'd sleep in a cardboard box before coming back there.

1  Thank Dannyblue85