“Overpriced, a prison cell is a 5* hotel compared to this!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hoi Pho Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Hoi Pho Hotel
You added Hoi Pho Hotel to your Saves list
627 Hai Ba Trung | Town centre, Hoi An, Vietnam   |
Ranked #135 of 163 Hoi An B&B and Inns
“Overpriced, a prison cell is a 5* hotel compared to this!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Do not stay there. I guess if you read this, it's because it's already too late as you stayed there. Can't see any othet reason why else you would look this hotel up. Dirty, aged rooms and furniture. Big room but would rather stay in a prison cell or in a basic bungalow especially you paying for the price of a decent hotel room fee. Staff are arogant, she told me she was going to search my bag for my passport if i don't leave it with her at reception. I didn't leave it there, she made me pay up front. HORRIBLE PLACE.

1 Thank MrsBalaton

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Do not stay at this hotel!! The staff forced us to leave the key at reception when we went out, then used it to enter the room, rummage through our bags and take the money we had set aside for our visas for our travels. We were horrified to read so many other similar reviews from travellers and checked out to another hotel nearby. Do not stay at Hoi Pho Hotel!!

1 Thank vikki_richo

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

...... First they got annoyed when we took the $12 room over the $15 room.... They act so nice to ur face, then they ask u where your going and using ur key u have to leave at reception, they let themselves in and help them selves to money.... We are so lucky we only had $20 and some Malaysian money In the room ( in our backpacks) but they took everything except a $1 note!!!! They push tours on u and bus tickets to ur next destination!.... We didn't book anything from them, we just got the hell outta there... They're just a bunch of fake, thieving cons!!! dONOT sTAY hERE!!! ....oh and not to mention the ripped bed sheets and white towels that are brown!!! Bec and vikki Australia

• 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Beccak885
New York, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Given the price the room was simply horrible. The linen and the towels were clean but so old that they were not white anymore, not to talk about the strange red spots on them. I was clearly overcharged as the staff pretended the prices exposed (250) were in dollars and not in dongs, well they either forgot to add a comma or they are scammers. Same thing with the My Son tour, the reception tried to sell me the tour for 200% of the average cost. I really didn't feel this place was worth the fame it got because of Lonely Planet.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank eisht
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Toilet of a place. We did the over nighter and arrived shattered and just wanting somewhere to crash. Computers were broken, wifi on the blink, holes in bed sheets, blood spots and stains on bed sheets, bed sheets damp, over priced laundry service, jacked up prices at check in desk, staff unhelpful. 8 of us checked in and by the evening all 8 were looking for somewhere else to stay. Places just up the street were around the same price and soooo much nicer! Do not stay here..it's a toilet!

3 Thank martin o
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This place needs to straighten its self out, as well as hire some new staff. The rooms were filthy and the staff weren't interested in giving any of their time to you. When my friend arrived in his room the sheets on his bed were still wet and when he complained they basically told him to build a bridge and get over it. My other friend found blood stains on her sheets. In a nutshell Hoi Pho sucks. If I wanted to stay in squaller I'd sleep in a cardboard box before coming back there.

1 Thank Dannyblue85
Chiang Mai, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My time here has been pleasent.
Firstly after reading the previous reviews of past guests. I can appriciate your frustrations. I travel a lot in South east Asia and have experienced many things as a traveller.
firstly the ladies on the front desk were friendly with me and told me the rules. Take your cash out with you..... So I did... No money stolen. secondly they said if you have computers/passport etc leave with them in their secrutity boxs. I got them back.
One advice to all western travellers we have standards and these are growing countries with a different culture, if you raise your voice and go on the western sensation shouting because they are not up to our western expectations the Asian culture means that you loose face, and they will not help you. Do it with a smile even if, you are so Pi**ed off, dont loose your dignity.

The ladies here are concerned with their feedback on trip advisor and I have given them the following to improve on.

1) Get feedback forms so that your guests can give you formative feedback.
2) They need to improve their cleaners in their complancancy, there is no continutiy such as when we expect the room to be cleaned, that means clean sheets, empty the bin etc.
3) They clearly state that you need to keep your money with you........ If you leave and it is stolen yeah its rubbish... but that is your fault. But they as employers need to find out who the culpirate is, but it is also our responsibility to make sure we lock up and protect our valuables.
4) Make sure that we as westerners are locking and securing our own goods. Bring a lock.
5) The hotel needs us to give advice for them to develop, I advised the manager to check all staffs bags when they leave.
6) Hoi An is expensive anyway so you get what you pay for.
7) Give the place a paint and really scrub the bathrooms down, freshen the place up.
8) Overall it was ok, there are always room to improve on anything, we also need to be saying to any hotel if we are not happy, but do it in a way that keeps you calm and gets you somewhere.

The hotel wants to improve so start giving some good advice with a smile and things will improve slowly. If you have had things stolen then we need to take some responsibilty but also all hotels do as well with regard to the staff they employ and this is something that I have told them to consider. Its understanding each others culture and breaking down the invisable walls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business