“Make sure to steer clear.”
Review of Hoi Pho Hotel

and 1 more site!
Hoi Pho Hotel
Ranked #173 of 306 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This place needs to straighten its self out, as well as hire some new staff. The rooms were filthy and the staff weren't interested in giving any of their time to you. When my friend arrived in his room the sheets on his bed were still wet and when he complained they basically told him to build a bridge and get over it. My other friend found blood stains on her sheets. In a nutshell Hoi Pho sucks. If I wanted to stay in squaller I'd sleep in a cardboard box before coming back there.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Dannyblue85

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My time here has been pleasent.
Firstly after reading the previous reviews of past guests. I can appriciate your frustrations. I travel a lot in South east Asia and have experienced many things as a traveller.
firstly the ladies on the front desk were friendly with me and told me the rules. Take your cash out with you..... So I did... No money stolen. secondly they said if you have computers/passport etc leave with them in their secrutity boxs. I got them back.
One advice to all western travellers we have standards and these are growing countries with a different culture, if you raise your voice and go on the western sensation shouting because they are not up to our western expectations the Asian culture means that you loose face, and they will not help you. Do it with a smile even if, you are so Pi**ed off, dont loose your dignity.

The ladies here are concerned with their feedback on trip advisor and I have given them the following to improve on.

1) Get feedback forms so that your guests can give you formative feedback.
2) They need to improve their cleaners in their complancancy, there is no continutiy such as when we expect the room to be cleaned, that means clean sheets, empty the bin etc.
3) They clearly state that you need to keep your money with you........ If you leave and it is stolen yeah its rubbish... but that is your fault. But they as employers need to find out who the culpirate is, but it is also our responsibility to make sure we lock up and protect our valuables.
4) Make sure that we as westerners are locking and securing our own goods. Bring a lock.
5) The hotel needs us to give advice for them to develop, I advised the manager to check all staffs bags when they leave.
6) Hoi An is expensive anyway so you get what you pay for.
7) Give the place a paint and really scrub the bathrooms down, freshen the place up.
8) Overall it was ok, there are always room to improve on anything, we also need to be saying to any hotel if we are not happy, but do it in a way that keeps you calm and gets you somewhere.

The hotel wants to improve so start giving some good advice with a smile and things will improve slowly. If you have had things stolen then we need to take some responsibilty but also all hotels do as well with regard to the staff they employ and this is something that I have told them to consider. Its understanding each others culture and breaking down the invisable walls.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Unlike other reviewers I didn't get anything taken from my room, but the receptionist tried to cheat me when I checked out. The room was filthy, the staff were awful and the place couldn't have been worse if they were deliberately trying. Without a doubt the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I'd sooner sleep on the beach than go back to this dump.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I stayed here for one night, since it was too late to late for a cheaper alternative (I'm traveling on a budget and 5$ dorm rooms are usually my thing). I told the receptionist of my financial situation and was able to get a very clean and decent room for 10 $. Even though this is my third time in Hoi An, the friendly receptionist provided different tips in order not to be ripped off by bicycle rentals and tailors. She really made it clear to me that I shouldn't leave valuables in the room, which I of course never do (who leaves 300€ in a hotel room in 'nam?!). I really enjoyed my stay, room wasn't spectacular, but it was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 21, 2012

They stole money from our bags and jacked up the price of the room at check out. There is a reason why they post signs that they are not responsible for any cash left in the room because they steal it and don't want to be held responsible.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank celeni
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I read few of the other comments and agree with the people that say that this place should not be reccomended. The place itself is old but ok for the price of the room. The problem is the staff that tries and most of the time manages to rip you off for every single little thing. They are also very rude and aggressive. I am not gonna go into details but they did ruin my whole experience in Hoi An and managed to ruin it until the last moment when they sold me a $4 train ticket for $16.
This place is awful and they most certainly will steal your money, either from your bag or ripping you off. Do NOT go there.

Room Tip: Do not stay there. There are no good rooms. If you really want to go there check if the room has war...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

BE CAREFUL, NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!
When we arrived at the hotel, the staff was very friendly and showed us several rooms which all were dirty and smelly, the shower didn`t even work. On the second day, we made a short trip to the marple mountains near Hoi An. While we were out of the hotel, the hotel staff went to our room and searched for money and valuables in our bags. 100€ were stolen out of our luggage!!! Moreover, the hotel offers the possibility to book the tickets for train or bus, but you alwals pay the double price!!!
Leave that hotel as soon as possible! The hotel staff are all liars and frauds!

Room Tip: All terrible rooms, dirty and smelly!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends