“Don't Miss This Restaurant”

Lantern Town Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 788 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located right in the middle of Hoi An ancient town, Lantern Town offers authentic Vietnamese cuisine and a selective creative fusion dishes. Great ambience, welcoming staff and friendlly services are what we always try our best to bring to our customers. Wide range of choices for enjoying your meal and drinks such as Cozy indoor, Open courtyard, Upstair overlookng the river, Terrace or Chilled out bar. With wide selection of food cooked in traditional way of Vietnamese Hoianian, and a collection of signature cocktails especially the Happy Hours 2 for 1 from 3:00pm-7:00pm, Lantern Town is perfect place for dining in charming Hoi An.
High Wycombe
“Don't Miss This Restaurant”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Highly recommed this great restaurant. So enjoyed it, I went back again 2 nights later! Wonderful comfortable bar area with relaxing sofas and a cool breeze. Try the mojitos - superb!
Great menu with a good choice of dishes - all freshly cooked and delicious. Good wine too. Very friendly and helpful staff and a lovely ambience.
Make sure you put this on your list when you visit Hoi An. Everyone raved about Morning Glory (which I did enjoy) but this is even better!

• Visited April 2013
Lanterntown, Manager at Lantern Town Restaurant, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Ms Rachel K,
How lovely to hear that you have great visit to Lantern Town.
Your comment on food, services, drinks are such a great encouragement to all of us at Lantern Town. We truely appreciated it.
We look forward having you again at Lantern Town if you ever come back to our friendly Hoi An.
Thank you again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Australia
“Great Night Out”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Along with a group of five others visited the Lantern Town restaurant. We were fortunate to have a balcony view and some of the best service and food we had during our 3 week tour of Vietnam. Ther staff couldn't do enough for us. They were friendly and informative as to what was available on the menu. Will be visiting again on my next trip.

Kevin Williams

• Visited March 2013
Dear Mr Kevin,
It was our great honour having you for dinner on our beautiful terrace that night.
We are glad to know that you have great night out at Lantern Town.
On behalf of all staff members, we thank you for your great comment on our services.
Have good trip in Vietnam and see you in Hoi An again one day.
Khiem Vu
“Good chicken curry and milkshake.”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

Great green thai chicken curry and rum snd raisin milkshake plus nice background music. Clean toilets and friendly staff. Good place for lunch.

Dear Mr Michael Brodie,
On behalf of all staff members at Lantern Town, we would like to say a big thanks for enjoying our services and for your great comment on our restaurant.
We wish you a good trip in Vietnam and we hope to have you again at Lantern Town one day.
Canada
“Not 2 for 1 - Heads up!!!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My family and I went to Lantern Town tonight and I must say was a little surprised when I received my bill. My wife had a mojito and I had a beer and we were told that it was happy hour 2 for 1, however when we received our bill we were charged full price for both drinks. I spoke to the manager and asked him to fix the problem however he told me it was my misunderstanding. There was no way he was going to credit a 33,000 (dong) (1.25) usd. It wasn't about the money it was the poo attitude. I just wanted to be treated fairly and I did not think that that was the case. The food was okay but it was all about the principle. My 11 year old son looked at me after and said that was not right!!

• Visited April 2013
Lanterntown, Manager at Lantern Town Restaurant, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear Schmulandj,
Thanks for coming to our restaurant.
First of all, you did not speak to me but one of my staff.
We are surprised to hear your side of the story and before we have chance to tell everyone our own side, it is absolutely not fair for our bussiness and all friendly staff for your poor rating.
We have been running this promotion for over a year and it never happened like what happened to you: we say clearly that "Buy 1 get 1 free for same drinks and applied for all cocktails and local beers". All our guests last night and for the past one year understand this well.
You and your wife got 1 mojito(4usd) and 1 beer(1.25usd) it meaned you have two mojito and two beers and we always serve one first and one later on to make sure drinks cold. Our staff DID ask you when you finished your first round that if you liked your second drinks but you DID say no.
You can not charge our staff for poor attitude if they did not follow the way you want as they know they were right. As you said, it is not about the money but about your way of behavior when you were so aggressive to our staff last night.
The problem with Trip advisor today is some people think they have big right of charging all bussiness if they not happy with anything does not matter it is their fault or not.
Stroud
“Wonderful food and great service”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This place was quiet when we were in Hoi An so it felt like we were taking a gamble. We are glad we did as the food was outstanding. If you like fish try the tuna steamed in banana leaf - awesome :- ) Spring rolls are also amazing and service was great. We went back the next night and were equally impressed.

• Visited March 2013