“Good value”

Ba-Le Well Beauty Salon
Ranked #35 of 126 Spas & Wellness in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Ba-Le Well Beauty Salon offers a comprehensive range of hair and beauty services for men and women. Services include hair cutting and colouring, manicures, pedicures, waxing and facials. We are well-known for our high quality facials, including our range of luxurious facial treatments using certified organic products. We operate from clean, comfortable & modern premises and use international brand-name products and equipment. We've been providing hair and beauty services for over 20 years and our manager is a UK-trained waxing specialist.
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friend and I came to Ba Le Well because of all of the reviews we read. We live in Saigon for 2 years and with the overflow of salons, we were pleased to hear that in Hoi An this one stood out. Sometimes, too much isn't the best thing when it comes to choosing. Plus, we haven't had any successful experiences in Saigon with salons.

When we came to Ba Le, we were kindly greeted by the girls and the owner there. The girls didn't speak good English but the owner did (which I trusted because things could go wrong). My friend and I had manicures and pedicures (GREAT, I thought! Everything was professionally done using OPI and top layering...etc.), we had haircuts (although I would've liked the owner to cut my hair because after she did my friend's. hers turned out AMAZING! She definitely knew what she was doing and my friend gets really anxious getting her haircut in Viet Nam after nightmare experiences, and she was well pleased w/ the outcome. I, however had one of the Vietnamese girls and I thought mine was okay. Very simple and nothing new, but turned out good and I liked it). We also had our eyes threaded (by the owner) and for the first time, my eyebrows had the shape that it was meant to have. I've had my eyebrows threaded throughout the year at the same Saigon salon and those girls were never able to get it right. The owner fixed it for me, making sure it was good and again, she definitely seemed like she had the professional experience and we were both very happy with our eyebrows!!

I think the owner and some of the girls definitely try their best. The owner is excellent at what she does and she's serious about ensuring that her guests receive the best or else she continues to perfect it.

As far as the pricing went, I didn't think they were expensive for all of the professional product that they used. I thought it was on the cheap-medium range because you do get what you paid for. We're budget travellers, but if you want something worthy it's better to pay only a dollar or couple for something that'll last.

Overall, I thought this place was worth going to and it will only grow in the future. I hope there was another chain in Saigon. I hope that the owner continues to train her staff to cut foreigners hair/does threading, that way they can expand! We also had the pleasure of meeting her husband and their son who were so welcoming and great to chat to! Keep up the great work!

10  Thank Mirage A H

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Going to Bale Well Beauty is one of my favorite things to do... Nguyet and her girls are friendly and very skilled. If you are showing some grey hairs, don't fret Nguyet does a fantastic job at coloring and cutting hair. I also think they are better than other salons at doing pedicures and nail art. The massage / facial room is air conditioned and very private. They also use quality products & hygienic equipment.

8  Thank Michele N
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I got my eyebrows threaded here and nail polish changed-both were excellent. I would recommend this place especially for threading.

7  Thank AbbeyandSam
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hidden in a small back road in Hoi An you can find Ba Le Well Spa. When you arrive you might think twice before entering. You only see a place for hair dressing and the fact I didn’t see the massage places scared me off a little bit. But arriving on the first floor you enter a very clean, professional looking and enjoyable room. They even thought about decorating the floor below the hole where you put your head, so even there you had a “hole with a view”. Before the massage started they washed my feet in a kind of herbal bath with lemon grass, mint leaves, etc. Lovely! You feel clean and ready to start your massage. The massage itself was very good. Very often you read about bad massages in Vietnam, people who have no knowledge about it, etc. But the massage I got here (a back, shoulder and back massage) was terrific! You can feel that the people handle the massage techniques very well. I would definitely go back!

7  Thank Jolijn V
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I visited Ba-Le Well twice. Once I got a neck and shoulder massage, this was okay (see my other reviews I ended up finding an amazing massage) along with a nail paint with some nail art. This cost me 270,000 VND. I went back with my daughter who got her nails (fingers and toes) painted along with two of each having nail art and I got replaced toe nail polish and two nails with art. The second time cost 105,000 VND, an absolute bargain for the quality of the work. They only use OPI and the professionalism and quality is the best I have ever seen. I had old polish removed and new polish both times and the care and time taken makes the cost (63,000 VND) exceptional.

I would highly recommend Ba-Le Well Beauty Salon and I will be back when I am next in Hoi An (on day 1!!).

8  Thank AntarcticChick