“Good food, cold beer and decent price.”
Review of Red Sail

Red Sail
Ranked #317 of 863 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Ate here twice during my short stay in Hoi An.
Friendly staff and the food was brilliant both times, having meat and noodle dishes.
Beer was cold and always opened on the table in front of me which is a nice touch.
Good value for the price, 15,000VNĐ for a bottle of Saigon beer if i remember.
Would recommend.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We ate at Red Sail several times and did their cooking class. Their eggplant with lemongrass done in banana leaf is fabulous as is their claypot fish. I also came back several times just for their fresh passion fruit juice. We chose our 3 favourite dishes for the cooking class and were the only participants at $15 a head.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We've been in hoi an for a few days and nearly everyday we've dropped in for either a quick snack, coffee or a beer. Also had a great lunch here as well. The staff are very friendly and the young girl especially is very attentive and welcoming. It's a place catering to tourists but still feels like good comparison to other tourist joints. Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was wandering around by myself in the early evening (just after dinner) and sat down in the Red Sail primarily because it was empty and has a nice view out onto the river. I drank a few beers, and made small talk with one of the waitresses, who was friendly enough. The bottled beer was a little bit expensive ($1.25) but I didn't feel like dealing with a happy-hour crowd to save a few cents. As I had already eaten, I didn't order food but I did have a look at their menu and everything seemed reasonably priced for their part of town. After a few bottled beers, I tried their "fresh beer," priced at $0.25 per glass. It tasted alright, especially at the price.

What struck me the most, however, was the desperate need for a coat of paint. The atmosphere of the place suffered heavily due to what seemed to be just a simple lack of maintenance. As I sat, I watched several couples come and go, and they all seemed happy enough with their food/experience.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

lovely meal, table cloths and good service and super food to. A fair bit better than most resteraunts in presentation but not in valve for the food. You can eat super food for much less, about a third in fact.