“Really disappointed. And yes, it was definitely the same shop as other reviewers!”
Review of Kha Huy Cloth Shop - CLOSED

Kha Huy Cloth Shop
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have had suits tailored before in Northern Thailand and was looking forward to getting another suit and a coat made in Hoi An. After reading such good reviews on Trip Advisor and having been recommended the shop by a friend I thought Kha Huy would deliver the goods at a fair (mid range) price.

Unfortunately I was wrong. On my first fitting it was clear the tailoring of the suit (which cost a little more than my tailor in Chiang Mai) was not good, being about two sizes too small. On the second and third fittings this improved, but in making the alterations the jacket became lopsided and looked terrible. On closer inspection I also noticed how poor the quality the stitching was. Neither I nor my girlfriend (who has studied fashion) were happy and very reluctantly I refused to accept the suit.

Thankfully the coat and shirt I had made were a better fit (though not perfect) and cost about the same as the deposit I had paid so we agreed with the owner to accept these.

For the benefit of others reading this review I also wanted to note that my experience of the staff was completely different from the other reviewers. The girl who served me, while not rude, was far from helpful and was clearly bored to tears from working in the shop. Service therefore came with a begrudging smile and questions about the style we wanted were few and far between. Perhaps it was a bad week for them, or standards have fallen in the past 12 months, but half of the fun of getting clothes tailored is being made to feel as special and individual as the suit!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We heard of Kha Huy by word of mouth, and chose the shop because of the excellent quality tailoring and fantastic service. We were not pressured into ordering lots of garments unlike some of the other tailors which make you feel uncomfortable for not ordering they're clothes.As a group of three very picky girls we were extremely satisfied with our purchases. We each ordered different styles of ball gowns, which were difficult to make, and with intricate designs. For example, I ordered a floor length dress with a cut out bodice, in the style of BCBG and my friend an Elie Saab dress which looked very difficult to replicate but in fact both of ours were so similar to the original and exactly what we wanted! We are so happy and would recommend Kha Huy to everyone!

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Ti and My are perfectionists and so lovely to deal with. They will not let you walk away until it's perfect. I had two suits and seven shirts made and would have ordered more ifI bought a bigger suitcase. Quality tailoring at a great price. Stay away from the cheap markets and stop by here for excellent quality tailoring from two lovely locals.

1  Thank Michael100842
Reviewed November 2, 2012

After a bad experience at Dong Silk Shop I crossed the street and arrived at Kha Huy where the girls there were very patient and friendly as it took me some time to decide as their stock is quite remarkable. I got some lovely skirts and a beautiful jacket. At the fitting the following day, they had to adjust with two pieces.
All in all, I am very happy with everything. However, I was a bit surprised that the skirt which they had to tailor after one I had with me needed really adjusting.
It is also advisable to have pictures with you as their clothes on exhibition are sometimes too Asian influenced.
And take your time to explore their material, and for a little more money you get silk linking, worthwile the extra expense.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I searched round a few tailors in Hoi An, but was instantly impressed by how friendly and non-pushy the staff were here. They seemed genuinely happy to take me through a few options without ever pushing me for a sale. The styles were extremely modern and chic and the fabrics were beautiful. In the end I paid for a stunning cashmere blend midnight blue one button suit and a couple of shirts. I could not be more happy! The quality is unbelievable and the fit is truly perfect.Best of all they have kept my measurements so i can order online when i am back. I want a full wardrobe from Kha Huy. Exceptional value and wonderful quality and style. I could not recommend this place more! Fantastic!