“Better than excellent”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Better than excellent”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

Words cannot describe the lovely Ty from Kha Huy Cloth Shop. I had a shorter time in Hoi An than expected, so did not expect to have time to have everything I wanted made. I went to another tailor across the road first to have a trial pair of trousers made for me. They fitted well, and looked good from the outside, but the finishing inside was very poor - there obviously had been a problem with the overlocker which had not been corrected.
Then I wandered into Kha Huy. Ty struck me immediately as a person who knew her trade, and was knowledgeable and helpful. I have done quite a lot of sewing in the past, so do know what to look for and can recognise good workmanship.
To cut a very long story short, I ordered a suit with two pairs of trousers for my son, with measurements I had brought with me. The hard part was that it had to be made within 24 hours (I was thinking that would be impossible). Not only was the suit finished on time, but a lined coat for my other son, plus an absolutely wonderful silk coat (from a picture in a magazine, with the changes I suggested), a reversible silk jacket and a pair of lined trousers and overshirt for myself.
I'd been prepared to make alterations to the suit myself, but it fitted my son just perfectly, and that very fussy dresser is absolutely thrilled with it. Ditto his brother - his coat fitted like a glove. As for me? Mine perfect as well, and the workmanship is superb.
Many, many thanks again. We are planning a return trip next year.

Visited February 2012

ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Forget all the other tailor and just go to KHA HUY”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I regretted not finding KHA HUY shop straight away. I already had ordered 2 dresses and a top from two other tailors before finding KHA HUY. KHA HUY knows exactly how to make your clothes fit like a glove. Ty the lady in the shop was excellent and the only tailor shop (after visting tones) that was not pushy or aggressive and did not force you to buy another item after another item. My boyfriend bought a suit with waist coat, one shirt and 2 sleeveless shirts, I bought two dresses and a jacket and it was no problem for Ty to add in pockets (to my dress) and my initials to the inside pocket of my jacket and boyfriend suit. Any extras you want just tell ty. Dont waste your time going to other tailors! No other tailor will allow you to have time to think what you want or allow you to come back next day to decide (without getting aggressive). Una and Eamonn Ireland.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank unatravel
Hamburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You get what you want. Just perfect!”
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I really know what i am talking about!
My boyfriend tried a lot tailors,which are recommended at trip advisor. Well, i tried a knew one. And after the comparison, he is sad not to get his cloth from here.

And i am very glad that i get the tip from a Vietnamese girl, after asking! So they don't push you. What is really bracing in Hoi an.

They are so kind and educated in what they are doing. They don't have to be pushy because you will ever come back based on what you get! And you are so happy that you will tell it all people you know!

I can recommend it and i wish the best for the women at Kha Huy Cloth Shop!
Maybe i send them an email with thinks they should send to Germany but definitely i come back to Hoi An for getting clothes in one and a half year!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Nadine P
Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best tailoring experience I have ever had”
Reviewed May 25, 2011

My wife and I had visited this tailor last year on our trip to Vietnam and found them to be good so we returned again. We found out this time (after we ordered) that the shop had been sold only 4 months ago so were a little worried about the quality.

When we received the first items we ordered we were over the moon. The quality of the tailoring was second to none and by far the best I have seen and better than when we had visited before ( I have had tailoring done in 2 other countries). We subsequently ordered more items and would do so again.

On top of the fantastic quality, the service we received from Ty and Mi was exceptional. Both are very friendly ladies and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy with the goods you order. We found that they were honest with the materials they showed and did not pass off inferior cloth as the best. The prices were very resonable (still need to bargain) and the attention to detail on the clothing was the best I have seen.

Overall I would highl recommend this tailor to anyone. Even our friend who we took into one of our fittings returned to get items made, and is now ordering something from Australia.

Visited May 2011
4 Thank AlexkiddLeb
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“My favourite tailor shop in Hoi An!”
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I had a wonderful experience at Kha Huy. I went in to get one dress made and ended up with four dresses and a skirt. The ladies were so friendly, and not nearly as pushy as some of the other tailor shops in Hoi An. When I went for fittings they would fuss over the details of how it fit, and suggested small changes before I even said anything. I went to three other tailor shops in Hoi An and never got this kind of service. When I dress didn't fit or was sitting funny one place tried to tell me that was "the style". But in Kha Huy they went out of their way to make me happy - on my last fitting for one of my dresses I asked if it was possible to add on another detail and they were happy to accommodate, and even dropped it off at my hotel for me as I was leaving early the following morning. If I had been staying in Hoi An longer I definitely would have ordered more! I took Ty's email address so I can send her orders for more dresses once I'm back home, she really is amazing. I strongly recommend checking out Kha Huy when you're in Hoi An!

Visited May 2011