“Good dispite my paranoia”
Review of My Chau Hotel

My Chau Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
My Chau Hotel
Ranked #234 of 271 Hoi An B&B and Inns
“Good dispite my paranoia”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

I don't usually check reviews but a friend informed me of some horrible ones just after I checked in. So I spent my time there a little paranoid I was going to have my room raided.
Luckily I did not. I did keep my key with me rather than returning it to the desk, and I declined housekeeping service while I was out.
So dispite my paranoia the place was rather pleasant and a decent price, $7/night for a single room. The girl at the desk was lovely and helped me book a tour to My Son temples, and my bus to Hue.
I did however have to ask them to come clean the toilet again as there were sticky pee spots on the seat when I arrived.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed August 27, 2012

In a nut shell, dont stay at thís hotel. Stayed hểre for 2 nights an had 150 euro taken from our roôm. Another couple also had money taken from their rốom the same night as us. Coincidence?
After confronting them, they denied everything and accused ús òf lying and shouted at us in Vietnamese.

Thís hotel ís one big scam and it starts at the bús station when they try to lure you to their place.

Good location, rooms are average yet not clean.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Hoi An hotels

Hoi An
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I am surprised to read some of the reviews on here. I stayed here June 2012. Room was clean, with tv, and air con (both had remotes). All for $10. Not a huge room but had small closet and desk. My room was on the first floor (so up the stairs). It was quiet. Door locked fine and seemed secure. I had computer, camera, and money in my room. They have a guy who sleeps by the front door of the hotel.

Located about 10minutes from river. They rent bicycles for $1 a day.

Staff seemed friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have stayed there 1 night.

About 10 mins from hotel to old market.
About 5 mins from hotel to Sinh tourist that is no.1 tour/transportation service in Vietnam.
SInh tourist can pick up you at the hotel.

Near to Sinh tourist, you can rent bicycle to go old market area. Actually you can walk to there.
And you can cycleing to Cua Dai beach about 4 km from old quarter.
Some local menus are waiting there in good atmosphere e.g. Cau Lao(yellow noodle with pork and soy bean sauce), My quang, Banh Can, Ngao nuong(grilled shellfish) etc.

Staffs are friendly in normal level.
Facilities are in good condition and suitable price.

You can find local foods in front of the hotel in the morning and lunch.
It's good price but you need to ask price first for food.

Hoi An people are always friendly. I love there and miss there.
It's hot city, chill and noisy in old market area.

Xin cam on,

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Abha, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Rooms were nice although needs some tlc in places, I strongly urge you to get an A/C room as fans are inadequate. Staff friendly and location is pretty good being on the outskirts of old town...

Room Tip: Get A/C... fan is useless!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Stuttgart
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

-Run down rooms
-Bugs in the room
-Door does not lock
-Air conditioning makes you caugh
-Unfriendly staff
-Bad service
-Location ok 5 min to old town
11 USD for a double bad room without breakfast

• Stayed June 2012
Hanoi, Vietnam
Reviewed June 15, 2012

PLEASE do yourself a favor and stay away from My Chau Hotel. Family members and I had our passports and hundreds of dollars stolen from a locked suitcase (most likely by hotel staff). The owner was entirely unhelpful and threatened us with further problems. After continual denial that the money/passports could have been stolen by a staff member, I mentioned that other people have had items stolen from the hotel and the response was "I know; I don't care." I've never had such a bad experience and it has sadly discolored our entire trip of Vietnam. We are now headed back to Hanoi to get new passports issued and have to cut our trip short due to loss of funds.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family