“Great Service and quality”
Review of Friendly Shoe Shop

Friendly Shoe Shop
Ranked #67 of 455 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Make the shoes you ever dreamed of. Leather boots, sport shoes... everything is possible. Free internet for customers. Delivery in your hotel in 12h. Visit us ! No like = no pay!
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Went to Vietnam with a study abroad group and I went in this store with 2 of my friends...great service, very helpful and sweet and trustworthy....they truly mean it when they say "no like = no pay". One friend didn't like her pair of shoes and she was able to get her money back. And they have WiFI if you want to look at a design you saw online and show them. And we received great quality shoes. I ended keeping both of my pairs and my other friend also kept his pair.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)
All reviews
in 21 reviews
"next morning"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We did a lot of research on different shops to have tailoring done in Hoi An, and when it comes to shoes, this place is the only option. Thong gave us excellent service and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. I love my new shoes and my friend loves her new high heels.

I will be back for more!

1  Thank JTMeinert
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My friend and I travelled to Hoi An last week for just 2 days. We really wanted to get shoes custom-made, but were concerned that our short time in Hoi An would make this impossible. I read about Friendly Shop on Trip Advisor, and decided to visit the shop on Tran Phu Street in person, to see if it was possible to get shoes made in 24 hours. The girls, Na, Tram, and Thong, were unbelievable! I showed them a photograph of the sandals I wanted made, and they immediately showed me samples of leather, snakeskin, and other materials, and helped me choose the materials that would look best. After taking the measurements of my feet, they asked that we return the next morning to have a preliminary shoe fitting, after which they would make alternations if necessary. My sandals (tan leather with leather straps around my ankle and a snakeskin toe-strap) cost $25 USD. My friend's black leather and suede heels cost around $45 USD. We returned the next morning for our fitting. My friend's heels fit perfectly. Mine fit well, but the strap was a bit long, and the buckle was on top of my ankle, instead of on the side. The girls took notice of this right away, and asked me to return in a few hours. They would be ready before our bus left at 5pm, they assured us!! I returned about 4 hours later, and my sandals were ready and perfect! They came out even better than I expected!!!!

Thanks to Na, Tram, and Thong for all of their hard-work!!!! I had the best experience working with them at Friendly Shop.

*Note: the shop has a guarantee that if you don't like the shoes, you don't have to pay- pretty rare for a Vietnamese tailor shop! But of course, you'll love what they make for you, so you won't have to worry about this anyway!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

A friend and I recently visited Hoi An and both had bags made at Friendly Bags. The process was easy and the service has very good. My bag turned out exactly as designed as did my friends. My friends required a minor change after reviewing it. Trang ( may have the ladies name spelt incorrectly) was great she offered to make the necessary change and ship it to him in Hanoi as we On our last day in Hoi An. Would recommend !

See more reviews
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I decided late in my stay in hoi an to have a leather handbag made - after walking past the shop I couldn't resist! The woman was not initially very friendly - I think she didn't believe I was serious about ordering a bag to the US - but she eventually started taking down measurements to mimick my current handbag, as well as my preferences for pockets, detailing, etc. The shipping charge was quite high (I think she ripped me off a bit...) but the bag did arrive in New York about two weeks later, and it's beautiful! Very happy I stopped in.