“Best Restaurant in Hoi An”

White Sail Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #233 of 838 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We have been to Hoi An twice now (once in 2005, and once in July 2013).

We have eaten at countless restaurants. I was so disappointed I did not find this restaurant earlier!!!!! It was by far the best meal I have ever experienced in all of Vietnam.

We had crispy pancakes, coriander prawns, stuffed squid, fresh spring rolls - the tastiest and freshest food we have ever had. The price was excellent - we ate with ourselves and our 2 children and had beers and cocktails and it was less than $30 AUD!!!!!

Highly recommend, the service and staff are wonderful. Want to be back there now!

There are newer reviews for White Sail Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My husband and I dined at White Sail Cafe last night. We had been there for dinner two years ago and were suitably impressed by the food. We were not disappointed two years on. It is nothing special as far as decor goes. Rustic may be a good term to describe he setting but the food is a wonderful surprise. We ate the wontons, a fabulous steamed fish with chili and lemongrass and a vegetable clay pot. All of the meals were delicious. We watched a group of 8 arrive in the restaurant, sit down,looked around and then they left. Several of the existing diners looked at each other and said "They will regret the decision to leave. They will be hard pressed to find food like his at the price White Sail offers." I would highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We came here after reading all the good reviews on ta. After being seated we ordered a glass of wine ( which took several times to get right due to the staffs english being very very poor). Then an hour went past and we had not received our food. We noticed that two other tables were complaining about how long it took for their foodmto arrive. One table ended up leaving and telling them not to worry about the rest. The other table told them they had 5 mins otherwise they would leave too. Finally our entree came and i must admit it was delicious. Then my partners meal came but mine was still nowhere to be seen. She had her meal and finished it when i didnt even receive mine. After nearly 1.5 hours i received my food. The mains were ok. Nothing special. I could see the chef in the kitchen sweating as if she were in a sauna and wiping the sweat of her head. Quite gross. Definitely wont be going back. A lot better places here in hoi an.

1  Thank MiLi M
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

As a family of four we feasted for $34. Sublime food, fresh, authentic and wonderful textures.
Must dishes- white rose dumplings. Pork and shrimp spring rolls. Stuffed squid, also shrimp and lemongrass in claypot! Stunning. Passionfruit mojito, great too.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited this restaurant based on TripAdvisor reviews and loved it. The staff were very friendly and spoke very good english. We ordered a fish dish each and shared a starter of squid spring rolls. Very high quality food, nicely presented and a very clean restaurant.

We were annoyed on two occasions by street sellers. We ushered them away and I could hear the table behind us get a bit stern with them. I'm not sure what the restaurant's opinion of them is but I think it would be nice if the staff enforced a bit of a boundary.