“Such an original way to experience Vietnamese culture!”

Lifestart Foundation Workshop
$18.00*
and up
The Lifestart Foundation Traditional Vietnamese Painting Class in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: The non-profit Lifestart Foundation Workshop is a not for profit charity offering visitors to Hoi An art and craft classes as well as the opportunity to find out more about the charity. Join us for a special half-day experience to learn more about the Lifestart Foundation and to enjoy our traditional art classes! Your half day includes participation in both classes, a brief video about our workshop and an opportunity for one-on-one dialogue with our members. All proceeds fund Lifestart Foundation philanthropic projects in Vietnam. Traditional Painting Class - Have lots of fun in our traditional painting classes offered by our Lifestart Foundation recipient and local artist, Sinh Trong. Lantern Making Class - Learn how to make your own miniature Hoi An lantern taught by our workshop staff. Take your unique lantern home as a memory of your time spent at the Lifestart Foundation. Free Daily Vietnamese Language Class - Feel less like a tourist, and more like a local! Every Morning & Afternoon FREE & FUN 1/2 Hour Lesson!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Modena, Italy
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Such an original way to experience Vietnamese culture!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I took the Lantern Making workshop with my boyfriend two days ago, after being stopped while walking in the street... The leaflet caught my eye straight away, and we went back to book the workshop for the day after!
We had great fun learning about the foundation and making our lanterns, which in the end we got to keep. Also, we were introduced to the ladies making crafts from recycled paper, working just behind us. The cost for one class is $12.5, or $25 for both (with the Traditional Painting workshop).
I liked it so much that I wrote a whole post on my travel blog, where I posted about the whole workshop process and photos :) http://caroldoestheworld.com/2013/05/05/win-the-cutest-ao-dai-bookmark/

Definitely not to be missed!!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Carol_Rin

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great lantern workshop experience!!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a great time enjoying how to create a lantern, and knowing more about Lifestart Foundation.
I think they are giving a big opportunity to people who were unlucky in life, and now they can show all the good things they can do, and that in other places they couldn't.
We had only 2 days in Hoi An, and me and my girlfriend are so happy to having spent some hours with them.

Visited May 2013
“A little gem :-)”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I am a sucker for shops like this. My daughter and I did a lantern making class which we thoroughly enjoyed. Both the class and information about the foundation was great. We were introduced to all the women who were very friendly. The pieces that the ladies and men create are unique and good quality. Much better than the reproduced stuff found in the other shops. A worthwhile cause to contribute to xx

Visited April 2013
Singapore
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“AMAZING Workshop and Classes!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stumbled upon the Lifestart Foundation Workshop when asking for directions. What an amazing find! We started to browse and then learned that everything in the store is made by disadvantage Vietnamese people and that 100% of everything that we bought went directly to the person who made it. Each item in the shop has a little tag on it with a picture and story of the person who created it. We met several of the people at the workshop and watched them making their crafts. It was touching and we bought something from every person we met! My children were particularly moved by the people they met and helped at the workshop. We have some real treasures now that mean so much more because we know we made a difference in someone's life when we bought them. We returned two more times. Once more to shop for gifts for our family and then a again to do the Painting and Lantern Making Classes. Our family really enjoyed the classes. Our children ages 13, 13 and 10 loved the painting class with Sinh Trong (a local artist with an amazing story of how Lifestart helped him). We all found the lantern making a bit challenging but fun too! We appreciated the beautiful lanterns we bought here even more. We were so impressed with LifeStart. It's an amazing place to shop for gifts and make a difference in someone's life at the same time.

Visited March 2013
Melbourne
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Purchases that keep on Giving”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This foundation is set up to help the disadvantaged. I wish I had time to do a traditional painting lesson and lantern making class. I bought most of my family presents here. A wonderful place to visit and support!

Visited April 2013