“Great Corse, Fantastic time, Awesome people”

Lifestart Foundation Workshop
$18.00*
and up
The Lifestart Foundation Traditional Vietnamese Painting Class in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: The non-profit Lifestart Foundation Workshop is a not for profit charity offering visitors to Hoi An art and craft classes as well as the opportunity to find out more about the charity. Join us for a special half-day experience to learn more about the Lifestart Foundation and to enjoy our traditional art classes! Your half day includes participation in both classes, a brief video about our workshop and an opportunity for one-on-one dialogue with our members. All proceeds fund Lifestart Foundation philanthropic projects in Vietnam. Traditional Painting Class - Have lots of fun in our traditional painting classes offered by our Lifestart Foundation recipient and local artist, Sinh Trong. Lantern Making Class - Learn how to make your own miniature Hoi An lantern taught by our workshop staff. Take your unique lantern home as a memory of your time spent at the Lifestart Foundation. Free Daily Vietnamese Language Class - Feel less like a tourist, and more like a local! Every Morning & Afternoon FREE & FUN 1/2 Hour Lesson!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Broadbeach, Australia
“Great Corse, Fantastic time, Awesome people”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I did this workshop with my mum and we had a ball. The workshop included a brief boat trip to the other side of the river, to the artists house where we spent an hour learning how to paint these professional looking cards that look beautiful no matter what. The artist is a great character and it was very enjoyable, I think this was my favourite part. Then we returned to the shop where we made the hand sized lanterns with this awesomely sticky glue with the help of this lovely Vietnamese lady, who answered all of our questions about Vietnam (like how schools work ect.) over ginger tea as she checked our lanterns. The shop was pretty cool too, with quality, unique, handmade products. I did the morning workshop (9am - 12pm I think it was) and had plenty of time to do other stuff that day too. All proceeds goes to a worthy course as they help out the disabled and underprivileged. Worth every cent and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Visited January 2013

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Workshop is fun. Great work done by this charity with some great products.”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We did the art workshop this morning - painting lesson (you make a notecard) and lantern making lesson (you make a very small lattern to take home).
We really enjoyed the painting lesson. You get a boat over to one of the islands, and the artist who gives you the lesson is funny. He tells you a bit of history and stuff too. His life story is also very interesting.
The lantern making is a bit less fun. Takes a while, although she talked to us about Vietnam, and the differences to Australia, and a lot of the customs, etc, which was interesting.
I think it would make a great activity for families.
The craft stuff for sale in the shop is great. High quality, hand made, and you know the profits stay locally. Winning all round.

Visited January 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“This is a great venture to support.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

This is a fab place to get unique handicrafts including great handmade cards. I would highly recommend going here.

2 Thank AntarcticChick
“Wonderful foundation run by wonderful people for the less fortunate- great workshop and fun!”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband and I took the Lifestart Foundation tour yesterday which included a short boat ride to a local artist's home for a Vietnamese style painting class where we each painted our own postcard, a tour of the foundation, and a lantern making class! We were very touched by the cause and happy to hear all benefits go to those in need who create the artwork for this foundation. Def worth it and much fun!

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A little Gem of a shop”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

What a lovely little shop, with good quality goods. Staff were lovely and I enjoyed the complementary cup of tea.
I enjoyed browsing at the lovely handmade cards, jewelry and giftware.
Please support this not for profit organzation and pick up some lovely gifts at the same time

Visited November 2012