“Caring work”

$18.00*
and up
The Lifestart Foundation Traditional Vietnamese Painting Class in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: The non-profit Lifestart Foundation Workshop is a not for profit charity offering visitors to Hoi An art and craft classes as well as the opportunity to find out more about the charity. Join us for a special half-day experience to learn more about the Lifestart Foundation and to enjoy our traditional art classes! Your half day includes participation in both classes, a brief video about our workshop and an opportunity for one-on-one dialogue with our members. All proceeds fund Lifestart Foundation philanthropic projects in Vietnam. Traditional Painting Class - Have lots of fun in our traditional painting classes offered by our Lifestart Foundation recipient and local artist, Sinh Trong. Lantern Making Class - Learn how to make your own miniature Hoi An lantern taught by our workshop staff. Take your unique lantern home as a memory of your time spent at the Lifestart Foundation. Free Daily Vietnamese Language Class - Feel less like a tourist, and more like a local! Every Morning & Afternoon FREE & FUN 1/2 Hour Lesson!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
North Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Caring work”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although I just stopped in to see Lifestart, I was impressed with the quality of items for sale and the caring atmosphere in the workshop.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“BRILLIANT. AMAZING. INSPIRING. FUN.”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We went as a school group and were invited to take part in both an Art class and Lantern making. Found both these activities to be absolutely awesome. The Art class was amazing and though I must've been a challenging student with my lack of artistic skill, our tutor was extremely positive and I came out with a painting that made me feel like Da Vinci for a moment :) Also, the lantern making was so relaxing and calm and we went away with beautiful lanterns that we'll cherish forever. Their products are AMAZING in that they're organic and handmade by people with disabilities. Whats even more astonishing and inspiring is that these makers are some of the smiliest people I've ever seen. The things I bought from the shop made brilliant gifts (were quite cheap but very high quality) and were hugely appreciated by my family and friends. Overall an amazing, worthwhile and ABSOLUTE MUST pitstop for anyone over in Hoi An. Brilliant and inspiring organisation :) Thanks Lifestart for having us, SOLID :D

Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very Nice, very peaceful, EXCELLENT!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Took part in lantern making classes and painting classes, It was a very pleasant experience, the staff were very nice, patient and helpful, especially since I am not very artistic lol. I highly recommend to anyone to visit this workshop, not only is it a wonderful place but it is also for a good cause :)

Visited September 2012
United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful afternoon! Patient staff!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Great to take part in a workshop for good cause, and a delightful afternoon spent! Not being the artistic me, I enjoyed the card painting. The art instructor was very patient in guiding and ensuring my every stroke was perfect. Even if you are not fan of arts, you might just fall for it.

Next, it was lantern making. The guide was also very patient in explaining it step by step.

Highly recommend to experience this workshop, not only is it for good cause but you also learn making of local crafts!

Visited September 2012
Doha, Qatar
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Gorgeous products, great staff, fantastic cause”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We didn't have the chance to take any of the tours or craf lessons but we were delighted to come across such a fantastic shop that supports an incredibly worthwhile cause. The products were high quality and unique and we stocked up on loads of presents for friends and family back home. Fell in love with the sock creatures!