“the cheapest price we can found in hoian”
Review of Minh Quang Hotel

Minh Quang Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hoi An
Minh Quang Hotel
Ranked #247 of 294 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We went to Hoian for 2 days 1 night for a short trip but we unluckily as on arrival in hoian.
We had to walked alot to find out some cheap hotels but most were full booked. Just by chance we found out Minh Quang hotel on Hai ba Trung street and had to pay 15$/room/nite. Acctually it's not valued as our money spent but that's the cheapest we could stay at that moment. With us was ok but just let other people know that this hotel there're many room without windows and the smell're terrible. But we got a good experience for now and on should book room in Hoian before you arrive. In gernal it's ok for whom looking for a cheap and a bed but for us we won't come back again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here for a week over the new year period. The staff were friendly enough the first couple of days then became what I can only describe as rude. Our rooms wasn't cleaned even after I asked repeatedly. I ended up cleaning it myself.
Most importantly, when we went to check out the woman at reception refused to accept the price we'd originally agreed to. She then told us her 'boss' was 'asleep' for the next two days and so we had to pay or else she'd call the police. I immediately sat down at the hotel computer and told her I was writing a review on trip advisor. She then told us she 'would have' given us the original price if I hadn't posted the review, which at that point I hadn't. it was an infuriating situation to say the least.
Also she seriously over-charged for laundry and for my visa extension.
I wouldn't advise staying in this hotel even for one night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 30, 2012

we arrived at hoi an on december 29 and the city was packed with tourist so we had no chioce but to agree for the not clean, windowless and very noisy room for 12$ a night.
no windows the room gave us a constan chocked feeling, the remote for the tv did not work (not that we needed the tv but if you oay for one it should at least work) and the lady did not have a solution to offer.
we gave our luandry away only to get it back wet the day after and the lady tried to convince us it ok, only after we insisted to fet it dry woukd she take it back.
on the morning if the 31 she decided that we should check out even though we clearly stated that we would stay after jan 1st, because "we were paying to little" even though the price was ok just a few days before.
probably our worst hotel experience in vietnam so far - the greedy lying veitnamese at his worst.
AVOID IF POSSIBLE!!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

We arrived in hoi an and found it to be a town built for tourists to shop.... that's not for us. We would have left immediately but we'd just got of a long night train and wanted to rest. After looking around town for a cheap room and failing we were on our way to the bus station when the lovely lady at Minh called us over. Her rooms were just 210,000. The rooms are not going to impress too much but was a good size with tv, AC and hot water. The only reason I wouldn't stay here again is the really hard bed and I'm sure a large rock would be more comfortable than the pillow provided. If your not too fussed about the bed, this is a good friendly budget hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 20, 2012

2 of my friends and I arrived in lovely Hoi An and were looking for a triple room in a hotel. We found a very nice one which was not available on the night, so the receptionist sent us to Minh Quang around the corner and asked us to come back the next day when she would have availabilities. She warned us that it was basic but that for one night it would be ok.
It was basic indeed, small, dark and really depressing looking. As we were tired and at $14 for a triple room close to the centre, we gave in and took the room.
Going back late in the evening, we noticed a lot of bed bugs on the beds and the floor. We asked to change room, but we were first told there were non available so we asked that they change the bed linen. They too, had bugs on them. We also saw that there were blood stains on the matresses and the pillows.
We insisted on gettting another room and they suddenly remembered there was one exactly the same just below ours.
The room had the same bugs on the floor, but a lot less on the beds, so after spraying some jungle spray around the beds, we slept fully clothes, on our towels and we just hoped they wouldn't climb on or get in our backpacks.
We were glad to go to the other hotel the next day which was great and for only $1 more.
Minh Quang is the only really bad hotel experience we have had touring Vietnam in 2 weeks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Although quite cheap at around $15 a night, I would not recommend staying in this hotel. The room had no windows or ventilation, leaving it feeling humid after you have a shower and also smelling terrificly like mould. We hated returning to the dirty room after a day out, and given that the curtain on the glass door was so thin, the room remained bright all night. We were also promptly awoken at 6am each morning by loud staff. Find a better place to stay and preferably in the old quarter.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed September 3, 2011

I have to start with mentioning that the people are very friendly and that the location is not bad at all. I had a horrible room with no working shower, a hardly working TV and a flooding through the ceiling when it rained. Only after asking the staff several times to fix my shower, which they forgot and did not manage to, they were willing to give me another room which was empty anyway.

The staff is very helpfull to organise tours for you, but be ware that they add quite some money to the original price, making it more worthwile to do it yourself. What's also very annoying is that the guard/repair man goes to bed at 21.30-22.00 every night and sleeps at the reception. So the area will be very dark and closed and everytime you pass him he wakes up! By the way...this is also the place where the (bad working) computers are, the only souce of internet in the hotel (no WIFI!)

Once I checked, which I indicated a day in advance, it took them ages to calculate my bill, making me almost miss my bus.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo