“Best coffee in Vietnam! clean and air conditioned ”
Review of Dingo Deli

Dingo Deli
Ranked #115 of 923 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Deli, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Description: People come to Dingo Deli for the experience of stepping back home for a meal and familiar tastes and supplies whilst on their travels. Families also appreciate that we cater for them as we know that you just need some down time in a all familiar space with an adventure playground. Our dining room is air conditioned and non smoking however our covered outdoor area is smoking and super popular. We serve up western, hearty meals like back home.. We even cater for vegetarians and Gluten intolerance. We are also msg free. Try one of our make your own famous deli sandwiches, big delicious salads or aussie meat pies, chicken parma, eggs benedict, cheese and antipasti platters. Our Delicatessen is stocked with hams, salami's, cheeses, condiments, and lots of shelf food labels and snacks from back home. We serve Lavazza coffee by trained baristas. Icy cold beers, wine selection and some mixed drinks. Our bakery offers a selection of home style baked cakes, pastries, breads (including wholemeal, multigrain) Out back is the kids Adventure Playground equipped with fort, tower, trampoline, bridge, swings.... The playground is lit up at night for evening dinning. Come for a meal or to meet other travelers, families or local expats.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Excellent western food, easy tick the box ordering avoids things lost in translation and terrific little shop with some favourites from home. Home made meat pies and excellent selection of small goods

Write a ReviewReviews (1,433)

Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

We ordered some burgers but had to wait an hour to get them. It seemed they forgot our order. The burgers were also disappointing. The meat was like those cheap burgers from the freezer instead of normal minced meat. The burgers the kids had at Lotus hotel were a lot better.
The espresso and cappuccino were outstanding.

MicheleNorth, Owner at Dingo Deli, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Our food quality and customer service is very important to us. We are very sorry that you waited so long for your service. Our restaurant has been very busy this week but waiting that long is unacceptable and I will be speak to my staff and find out why this happened. In regards to your hamburgers, they are homemade like most everything that we do including the hamburger buns which are made in our own bakery and the french fries which are hand cut in house. Our burgers are a generous portion and are made with added wagyu beef trimmings from Australia. We portion control them by putting them in moulds to match our burger buns which may have given you the wrong impression. Our food is also free of MSG and our restaurant is air conditioned, however if you have kids then I am sure you were enjoying our adventure playground and quite shaded dining area out the back. I am glad you enjoyed our coffee and if you return during your stay please ask for me (Michele) so I can apologize in person and shout you your drinks.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The only thing that let this place down was the service. I felt rushed to make a decision as the waitress came and took our drinks order and then wanted our food order straight away. I made my choice and then was told they didn't have what I wanted and when I didn't make a decision of what I wanted there and then the waitress seemed to get impatient with me. I would have given 5s all the way if it hadn't of been for this. The food when it came was really good and the owner was really nice too, it was lovely and clean, even the toilet which can be hard to find in Vietnam sometimes! Well worth a visit on the way back from the beach.

MicheleNorth, Owner at Dingo Deli, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing to have a meal at Dingo Deli. I am glad that most parts of your experience were enjoyable. However I am sorry for the service that you received and can assure you that that is not a norm at Dingo Deli.... We are working on customer service training at the moment, so I will find out what happened and show them how to change their approach and to be aware of the customers impressions.. Again thank you for your patronage and objective report.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Went to Dingo Deli based on great feedback on Trip Advisor. Definitely didn't disapoint, has to be the best sandwich I have ever eaten ...

Wish they opened one in London, I'd eat there every day.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We spent 2 weeks in Hoi an and by far this was the restaurant we visited the most, okay it was almost daily. Lol. The food was awesome and tasted just like home! the service was great and the tick off menus are brilliant in helping to avoid mistakes with the language barrier. Morning americano coffee was delicious and the ice Vietnamese coffee was out of this world. We enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner choices from the menu and all of our choices were delicious. No trip to Hoi an would be complete with out a stop at Dingo deli.