“When you are craving something other than noodles...”
Review of Dingo Deli

Dingo Deli
Ranked #68 of 858 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Australian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: People come to Dingo Deli for the experience of stepping back home for a meal and familiar tastes and supplies whilst on their travels. Families also appreciate that we cater for them as we know that you just need some down time in a all familiar space with an adventure playground. Our dining room is air conditioned and non smoking however our covered outdoor area is smoking and super popular. We serve up western, hearty meals like back home.. We even cater for vegetarians and Gluten intolerance. We are also msg free. Try one of our make your own famous deli sandwiches, big delicious salads or aussie meat pies, chicken parma, eggs benedict, cheese and antipasti platters. Our Delicatessen is stocked with hams, salami's, cheeses, condiments, and lots of shelf food labels and snacks from back home. We serve Lavazza coffee by trained baristas. Icy cold beers, wine selection and some mixed drinks. Our bakery offers a selection of home style baked cakes, pastries, breads (including wholemeal, multigrain) Out back is the kids Adventure Playground equipped with fort, tower, trampoline, bridge, swings.... The playground is lit up at night for evening dinning. Come for a meal or to meet other travelers, families or local expats.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We ate dinner at this restaurant and it was such a treat to have some western comforts again. The food was very good - I ordered the chicken salad with balsamic dressing and it was the best salad I've had in months. My fiance ordered the fish and chips and he was ecstatic that they came with tartar sauce! We also had an order of potato wedges and they were served with real sour cream - oh the indulgence! The prices are a little higher than in the local restaurants in town but that's to be expected when you have to import half your ingredients.
We didn't get a chance to order dessert but the case of cakes looked delicious!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

if ever you need a bottle of HP and are in the vicinity.... this place has a stock.
Lets face it...life without HP is not life at all..even Pho Bo will not substitute

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This deli is on the road out of Hoi An towards the beach. We didn't eat there but the menu looked good and the Latte was certainly a decent sized mug and was served with a cookie. Great range of Aussie treats available for purchase, even Vegemite. Nice setting inside or out.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This place is lovely if you are craving tasty home comfort food. The staff were friendly and the menu is huge! I was spoilt for choice.

The food is quite pricey if you are a budget backpacker like myself. But rest assure there are plenty of cheap places you can go to claw some money back at a later date :-)

If I was here on holiday, rather than backpacking all around the world, I would definitely come here again!

The puddings also looked incredible.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Agreed, this is a super place, coffee brilliant and a welcome change from rice and Vietnamese food. The first time we ate there (we'd previously visited just for coffees) I had an excellent salad, the best I'd had in Asia. The second visit was a huge disappointment. We arrived at 8.40 to be met with "you only have 40 minutes, we close at 9.30". I was ready to leave there and then but my husband wanted to stay. He has Aussie pie which he said was very good. I had "Caesar salad" and said I wanted no croutons. When it arrived it was a huge bed of lettuce with about three rashers of crispy bacon and a poached egg on top. When I asked where the anchovies were I was told "they are in the dressing". I am not an idiot and this was a feeble excuse to say they had none. It was a tasty salad but lacking on the ingredients and the service was atrocious. We never went again. I had a cafe in Majorca and if I wanted to leave on the dot at 9.30 pm my 'last orders' would have been 8.30 pm and if customers were still in then tough! Customers come first.

1  Thank GeraldineJackson
MicheleNorth, Owner at Dingo Deli, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Your absolutely right... and as the owner I am terribly sorry for this service... We do not close at 9:30pm. We close when the last customer is finished and leaves. Our caesar salad is very popular and is usually ordered as a meal by our regulars.. Yes it should have anchovies on the top as well as they are in our homemade caesar salad dressing. Thank you for your compliments and constructive criticism. We listen and action all feed back and I can ensure our future customers that they can stay as late as they need to and will get anchovies in their caesar salads...