“Tasty food”
Review of Dingo Deli

Dingo Deli
Ranked #60 of 788 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Description: People come to Dingo Deli for the experience of stepping back home for a meal and familiar tastes and supplies whilst on their travels. Families also appreciate that we cater for them as we know that you just need some down time in a all familiar space with an adventure playground. Our dining room is air conditioned and non smoking however our covered outdoor area is smoking and super popular. We serve up western, hearty meals like back home.. We even cater for vegetarians and Gluten intolerance. We are also msg free. Try one of our make your own famous deli sandwiches, big delicious salads or aussie meat pies, chicken parma, eggs benedict, cheese and antipasti platters. Our Delicatessen is stocked with hams, salami's, cheeses, condiments, and lots of shelf food labels and snacks from back home. We serve Lavazza coffee by trained baristas. Icy cold beers, wine selection and some mixed drinks. Our bakery offers a selection of home style baked cakes, pastries, breads (including wholemeal, multigrain) Out back is the kids Adventure Playground equipped with fort, tower, trampoline, bridge, swings.... The playground is lit up at night for evening dinning. Come for a meal or to meet other travelers, families or local expats.
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This place is lovely if you are craving tasty home comfort food. The staff were friendly and the menu is huge! I was spoilt for choice.

The food is quite pricey if you are a budget backpacker like myself. But rest assure there are plenty of cheap places you can go to claw some money back at a later date :-)

If I was here on holiday, rather than backpacking all around the world, I would definitely come here again!

The puddings also looked incredible.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Not Consistent”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Agreed, this is a super place, coffee brilliant and a welcome change from rice and Vietnamese food. The first time we ate there (we'd previously visited just for coffees) I had an excellent salad, the best I'd had in Asia. The second visit was a huge disappointment. We arrived at 8.40 to be met with "you only have 40 minutes, we close at 9.30". I was ready to leave there and then but my husband wanted to stay. He has Aussie pie which he said was very good. I had "Caesar salad" and said I wanted no croutons. When it arrived it was a huge bed of lettuce with about three rashers of crispy bacon and a poached egg on top. When I asked where the anchovies were I was told "they are in the dressing". I am not an idiot and this was a feeble excuse to say they had none. It was a tasty salad but lacking on the ingredients and the service was atrocious. We never went again. I had a cafe in Majorca and if I wanted to leave on the dot at 9.30 pm my 'last orders' would have been 8.30 pm and if customers were still in then tough! Customers come first.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank VanessaMajor
MicheleNorth, Owner at Dingo Deli, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Your absolutely right... and as the owner I am terribly sorry for this service... We do not close at 9:30pm. We close when the last customer is finished and leaves. Our caesar salad is very popular and is usually ordered as a meal by our regulars.. Yes it should have anchovies on the top as well as they are in our homemade caesar salad dressing. Thank you for your compliments and constructive criticism. We listen and action all feed back and I can ensure our future customers that they can stay as late as they need to and will get anchovies in their caesar salads...
St Helens, United Kingdom
“Home away from home”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We dropped into the Dingo Deli as a pitstop when cycling back from the beach. The food was great (the Aussie Pie was fantastic), and the atmosphere was fantastic too, which meant us cycling back to the hotel after a couple more beers than we'd bargained for! For travellers and expats alike the store in the Deli must be a life saver!

• Visited February 2014
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
“Nice place”
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Very nice coffee is you are fed up of viet coffee, daily fresh food and western food ok, minimarket where uou can find cheese, salami, chorizo etc... Fast internet and nice terrasse
Also a playing garden for kids
Very nice

London, United Kingdom
“Nice western food, bit pricey”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Nice deli with a good selection of cheeses and western goodies. A bit pricey but that's understandable when everything is imported. Good coffee too, nice to sit outside and watch the world go by.

Visited January 2014
MicheleNorth, Owner at Dingo Deli, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your generous feed back. You did mention that we are a bit pricy... Yes for real western & european food you will have to pay a bit more... However we keep our quality high and portions large... to keep our costs down and provide exactly the flavors that you are expecting we make most everything in house, including baking all of our own breads, We also serve a great variety of hams, salami's & cheeses, plus quality coffee, NOT blended beans to save money and we use real 10 day life tasty milk from Dalat, not UHT... Care is taken in every measure to serve you exactly what you expect..