“Excellent service at reception, a very average massage”
Review of Palmarosa Spa

Palmarosa Spa
Ranked #9 of 107 Spas & Wellness in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: A warm welcome to Palmarosa spa... After a long fligh, bus ride or a long day shopping and sight seeing, there is nothing better than a nice relaxing massage in a private, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere with soft soothing music. Only 9 minute walk from the heart of the old town, PALMAROSA SPA is a beautilful day spa for people who want to not only immediately relax but also refresh a body by a professional massage therapist and estheticians team, coupled with pure natural ingredients spa products. We invite you to come to PALMAROSA SPA, our dedicated team of professional therapist will ensure you leave us feeling relaxed, refreshed and completely rejuvenated.
4 attraction reviews
“Excellent service at reception, a very average massage”
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I went on the guide book's recommendation and if this is the best in Hoi An, it's a disappointing town for discerning spa-goers. The greeting at reception was excellent, I felt very welcome, greeted with ginger tea and a nice chat with the staff. They seal your valuables in a signed envelope and your other belongings in a locker - I ended up with five keys to carry to the massage room - no idea what the other three were for. I heard another woman booking a massage very clearly request 'warm room, not cold, warm' and understood why when I got the the massage room, which had a very chilly air conditioning unit that blew right on the massage table. I was asked if it was too cold and I said 'a bit' so it was turned down a little, still very cool. It's funny, in the brochure they talk about the hot stone massage and how hot rocks increase the relaxation of the muscles, yet spas here seem to want to keep you cool throughout. I was having the 'Signature' massage and it was ok but certainly nothing special and not hard enough to really do anything therapeutic, although I'd asked for it to be 'strong'. Two thirds of the way through, the masseuse turned the air-con way up again (I'd asked again for it to be turned down further, so twice before this point) but by then I was on my front and mostly covered so I just put up with it. When it was finished I found my way downstairs (they have shower facilities and a changing room with hair dryers and so forth, which is thoughtful) and back to reception. The two ladies I'd chatted to at the start (and the best part of the experience) had gone and there was no, you know, after-care, like a cup of tea or one of the many hand towels you end up being offered in this part of the world, nothing like that, just presented with my bill, which was wrong, and I went on my way as they looked for the next person. I kept thinking 'I've paid a bit less than $30USD for this' and it still didn't feel worth it. I've had better in Vietnam.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Very Relaxing”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

After a hectic day of visiting and bargaining with tailors Palmarosa Spa was exactly what we needed! We had a lovely pedicure with extra foot massage. Very similar to western style spas in the US. The spa was very clean, and the staff very friendly.

4 Thank travelnurse78
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent service.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Worth of spending your money. The body massage was good and the Indian lady focused more on my upper back and shoulders as I requested so I felt very relaxed. Highly recommend the place for those who would love massage or spas

2 Thank Potot L
San Francisco
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Best pedicure ever!”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We went in Oct 2012 and my husband got a 90 min. 'Mixed Asian' massage which was a med-hard massage (~$25 usd) and I opted for an 30 min. Indian Head massage (~$11 usd) + 60 min. Deluxe Pedicure (~$17.50 usd)

First they started us both with a nice foot soak with lemongrass and ginger pieces (pictured). It was lovely. Then I got the best head massage and most detailed pedicure ever (and I get them all the time at home) and my husband said that his massage was "one of the best he's had in Asia" which I think it quite a nice compliment as he's spent a lot of time in Asia in different countries.

The girl who worked with me on my services was just so cute and friendly. I am sad I forgot her name as I wanted to give her special recognition. But overall, the entire staff was amazing. Thanks ladies! I'd totally come back over and over if I stayed in Hoi An longer. I really great spa experience.

3 Thank brunettegirl_7
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant massage, great environment”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited Palmorosa twice during our stay in Hoi An. Once for the asian blend massage and once for a Swedish massage. Both were exactly what we needed, and good value for money. Changing and shower area were clean and well equipped. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ginger tea on arrival and foot bath were perfect!

5 Thank tracy m