“Brilliant massage, great environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Palmarosa Spa

Palmarosa Spa
Ranked #9 of 103 Spas & Wellness in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: A warm welcome to Palmarosa spa... After a long fligh, bus ride or a long day shopping and sight seeing, there is nothing better than a nice relaxing massage in a private, peaceful and relaxing atmosphere with soft soothing music. Only 9 minute walk from the heart of the old town, PALMAROSA SPA is a beautilful day spa for people who want to not only immediately relax but also refresh a body by a professional massage therapist and estheticians team, coupled with pure natural ingredients spa products. We invite you to come to PALMAROSA SPA, our dedicated team of professional therapist will ensure you leave us feeling relaxed, refreshed and completely rejuvenated.
Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Brilliant massage, great environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We visited Palmorosa twice during our stay in Hoi An. Once for the asian blend massage and once for a Swedish massage. Both were exactly what we needed, and good value for money. Changing and shower area were clean and well equipped. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ginger tea on arrival and foot bath were perfect!

5 Thank tracy m

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Excellent service but massage techniques need improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My bf and I went to Palmarosa after a long biking tour so we were hoping for some quality relaxation. We did two hours - foot massage for first hour and for the second hour, my bf did an Asian blend massage and I did a swedish massage.

We began with the foot massage, bathing our feet in a basin first. They added ginger slices, lemongrass, and lemon to the water. We showered and changed in their change room on the first floor. There is no lock to the change room so if you were traveling alone and wanted to shower, be careful of people just walking in! We were then taken upstairs to a double bed room for our massages.

The foot massage was, unfortunately, a disappointment for both me and my boyfriend. I felt like they were just touching my feet rather than massaging it. I do need to note here that I've been living in Shanghai for a few years and met a fair share of skilled masseurs/masseuse so I'm reviewing this spa with higher standards. The body massage was good. Better pressure was applied to appropriate points on the body which definitely relaxed me more than the foot massage. I recommend doing the body only.

Although the massages weren't the best, I felt the owner/manager really cares about quality service which is why I gave this spa 5 stars. We were asked to fill out a feedback form. Since we didn't like our foot massage, so we only gave an acceptable. The manager then decided to give us a discount because we weren't satisfied with our massage. We told them that we can just pay full price but they insisted that we given the discount and that they were sorry for our discomfort. I was really impressed with their care for customer feedback and quality service. Even the 5 star hotel I was staying at in Da Nang did not display such efforts. I'd like to commend their management and if I ever go back to Hoi An, I'l definitely come here again.

2 Thank teresa_asa
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

really nice service, staff is owesome. Clean, peacefull, relaxing, everrything you´re alooking for. Thanks

3 Thank AleLlopiz
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Price for A1 service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The beautiful aroma as soon as I walked in, the peacefulness, serene music, welcome foot spa with fersh herbs and citrus, freshest of hot ginger tea. Discreet, private and felt safe, massgae was just perfect. followed by manicure and pedicure of high standard, all products used were high quality as well

Visited September 2012
3 Thank Frances M
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I had a Asian blend massage for 60 minutes, a manicure and a pedicure. I am very happy with their work and the massage was the best I ever had! The location is very nice. The personnel has the tendency to talk Vietnamese and laugh a lot, making me slightly uncomfortable but still it does not reflect my total experience. This spa is a reason to visit Hoi An again if I am in Vietnam!

2 Thank Kornel H