“Great!”

Gioan Cooking Class
More attraction details
Owner description: "10 Years experience cooking" Welcome to GIOAN COOKERY SCHOOL. We have been in cooking for ten years and we guarantee that our experience can make you endore cooking. You can choose your own menu with four dishes together, also you manage your starting time and date and this course includes market trip, recipes book, cooking and eating during three hours. Ms. happy Hanh, Ms. Vina and Mr Ho who are our teachers, they will take you to the market which takes 30 minutes and show you how to cook Vietnamese's amazing food. They are friendly, funny, informative and sweet energetic. To be specific, you will become passionate about cooking after participating course. We look forward to serving you. Cheers!! "Happy cooking, happy chopping"
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We had such a great time at cooking class. It was just me, my husband and our 3 year old daughter because it was kind of the off season, but it was great. Hanh took our 3 year old under her wing and helped her chop and mix. The food was great and we just made pho this week when we came home. I highly recommend this class. The price seemed to be about average compared to similar programs.

Visited November 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Nha Trang, Vietnam
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Yummy yummy in my Tummy”
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

I just left this class. I was thw only one at the 12pm class but it didnt matter. The lady teaching me (so sorry for the life of me I cant remember her name) but she had more energy then I have in my little finger and I loved it. She was fun and energetic and absolutely loves what shes doing which makes it that much more enjoyable. I felt like I was in the kitchen cooking with mu best friend. I was taken to the market prior and it was relaxing and informative. No prwsure to buy anything i didnt want or need which was a welcome change from wanderingthw market on my own.
All in all a great experience and im even trying to talk my travel mate into going tomorrow so ican go back!!

Townsville, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Myself and my partner wanted to do a cooking class in Hoi An while we there and chose Gioan Cooking from being highly rated on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. There were only two couples in our class, which made it personal and lots of fun. Our group had Ms Hanh as the leader, and she was a delightful teacher. Great fun, lots of singing, and had an excellent grasp on the english language. She also used some Aussie Slang which was great. The food we cooked was delicious (Better than half the restaurants we ate at) and was simpler then we may have thought. By the end of the class, we were ridiculously full, had some new cooking skills, and had big smiles on our faces. If you want to do a fun cooking class, I highly recommend Gioan.

1 Thank Fishman_rah
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good fun at goian with hanh!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We were picked up from our hotel on the back of a couple of scooters and taken straight to Goian's waterfront cooking class. Our teacher, Hanh, had been in an accident earlier that day but still turned up happy, smiling and laughing and ready to give us a fun lesson. We cooked chicken and lemongrass, beef curry, spring rolls and coconut milk banana, all expertly taught and delicious to eat. Everything was clean, quick and the behind the scenes staff were very attentive in clearing things away and setting up the next dish. Overall we had a fantastic time and enjoyed hanh as our teacher - her English was also brilliant. Definitely recommend and return.

1 Thank Mark F
Brisbane, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Gioan Cooking Class Hoi An”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Prior to leaving Australia we booked and confirmed a cooking class during our stay in Hoian. We confirmed the menu and as well as advising we had no allergies to any foods,and we would be waiting in the lobby of our hotel at 5.00pm for pick up..
We are unable to comment on the cooking school as we were not picked up as arranged. We contacted the cooking school but were advised it never received our confirmation. This is incorrect as it was in black and white on all our emails to the cooking school.
We received an apology but it was very disappointing particularly as next day it began to rain and virtually overnight the old town flooded. We were then unable to attend another cooking school.
We consider it poor organisation on behalf of the cooking school.

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Peter J
Gioan C, Manager at Gioan Cooking Class, responded to this review, January 14, 2016
Dear Peter J,
We hop you get well. Lets us introduce ourselves. We are Gioan cooking school in hoian Vietnam. We got a terrible review from you in three years ago, you said " gioan cooking is a poor organization". We were so dissopointed at the time. However, we have to say it is not harmful for our business now. In oppsite, it was really useful for us and we did improve our weakness about IT. We just want to let you know that it could be a big big mistake and we did not come it up. Anyway, we hope that if you visit in hoian city town again, we would like to show you about our organization. Thank you and take care.

PS: we write this response because our guests who did read your review, and they said it had be a mistake, and they helped us out our weakness Internet technology. So they recommended to us that we should response. It is hard to explain for all, but we are really sorry for that and we hope to not make you hate Hoian Vietnam.