“I feel like a Rock Star!”
Review of Long Life Silk - CLOSED

Long Life Silk
More attraction details
Owner description: Long Life silk Tailors have just opended in beautiful Hoi An on An Hoi Island .The store is spacious and welcoming with plenty of helful staff to make your shopping experience wonderful. Please visit us when you are in town
Hoi An, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I feel like a Rock Star!”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

There is a saying, "An ugly shirt that fits well will look better than a nice shirt that fits poorly."
I would add to that and say that a Great looking shirt that fits perfectly will make you feel like a Rock Star!

Walked into Long Life Silk expecting to only buy one or two shirts, but I walked out with half a new wardrobe of great fitting, high quality, custom fit clothes.. and for much MUCH less than I expected.

The staff is super friendly (extremely cute) and very helpful, and if the clothes make the man then watch out world!

1 Thank caffeinatedzen

Stuttgart
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“good quality at a competitive price”
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Before we went to Hoi An we searched the web for recommended tailors. When we arrived at our hotel, the Long Life Riverside Hotel, the receptionist recommended a tailorshop that belongs to this hotel.

Since we haven't read a recommendation about this shop we first went to the shops we found on the web. Among others we went to Thu Thuy, A Dong and Yali (we couldn't find TOTO). The staff was very helpful, but in none of the shops they had what we searched for. My boyfriend wanted to have a light-colored grey suit that doesn´t exceed 170-180$. Unfortunately, they either had not the kind of fabric he wanted or the price was way over our budget.

Finally we thought of going back to the shop that belongs to our hotel. In the end we were very glad about this decision. Since we stayed in the Long Life Riverside Hotel, we got a 10% discount on our tailor-made clothing. We ordered all in all 4 suits (two suits with pants and skirts for me and two suits for my boyfriend) and 17 shirts. We were really pleased with the quality of the clothes so we ordered one more skirt for me and one more pant for my boyfriend. We ordered tailor made clothing in China and in Germany and we have to say that the clothes made by Long Life Silk are absolutely competitive.

The suits there are around 80 – 150 USD, depending on the fabrics you choose. Clothes are made in 24 hours if needed. The personal is very professional and nice.

A good hint is to bring your own clothes. My boyfriend brought his tailor-made suit from Germany. They copied the style and the measurements exactly (same, same, but different...) and the result was very good.

We can highly recommend the tailor shop and the hotel!

1 Thank cosmopolits
Odense, Denmark
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hoi An - Long Life Silk - tremendous service”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Great clothes and sewing skills - I am so impressed with the knowledge of the women - great clothes and great quality materials. I can sew and everything I got made was superb. I so highly recommend them - they are quality , quick and make exactly what you want. Great range of fabrics too - bring your favourite outfit or picture and they will copy exactly.

Irene fDurham from New Zealand.

1 Thank lui79