“Great restaurant close to the beach”
Review of Bao Han

Bao Han
Ranked #30 of 839 Restaurants in Hoi An
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Phi, the owner, waits on most of the customers herself and as everyone else has commented below, she's the difference maker at this place, she's as friendly and thoughtful of an owner as we've ever met. The food is top notch, reasonably priced, and the portions are big enough for a 6'-2" 240lb American man, so don't think you need to order multiple plates if you have a big appetite. Sitting at the front of the restaurant nearest the street in the late evening watching traffic head back from the beach is quite enjoyable.

There are newer reviews for Bao Han

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Just thinking about the wonderful meals we had at Bao Han makes me hungry. The food and hospitality were just wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. We were staying at the Victoria Hotel but did not want to eat dinner there and had read about Bao Han on TripAdvisor so decided to try it. It was so good the first time we were there we went back the next night even though we make it a rule not to go back to the same place twice on the same visit to a town in order to have the opportunity to try different places. We especially enjoyed the dumplings, the fried wontons that are like tortillas, the spicy eggplant, the different types of noodles, the shrimp, the duck and more... The service is warm and welcoming. Cooling, complimentary ice cream- I had pistachio, my husband had coconut and our son had chocolate was the perfect ending to tasty and tangy but not overly spicy meals. Dinner for three including local beer for my husband and I and bottled water was about $25 US. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I would run over now to grab a table if it were not on the other side of the world but if you are in Hoi An you don't have to dream. If you can get a table, do so and enjoy.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and my family have been in Hoi An for 3 days now and eaten at this restaurant atleast once every day. It has great service and both oriental and western food. THe owner is the seetest ever.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The dishes are lovely and service by Phi is too. You can buy local river pearls from Phi also. Not the same as ocean pearls but may interest some. The prices are great.What else can I say, just go.

1  Thank michaeld01
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We visited Bao Han on our first day in Vietnam after reading the reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed. The service there was great and very friendly from the owner Phi, who was extremely helpful in explaining the dishes to try, with the cost for each meal both cheap and very satisfying. Having twins with a nut allergy with us, we were concerned although once initially explained, further reminders were not necessary on each following visit. We ended up eating at Bao Han 5 times over our week's stay, with each visit a great dining experience. I would thoroughly recommend anyone visiting Hoi An to eat at Bao Han restaurant.