“Great value for money”
Review of Sunflower Hotel

Sunflower Hotel
Ranked #172 of 280 Hoi An B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Good value for money. We stayed in a six person mixed dorm - the dorms were clean although not well ventilated. Free buffet breakfasts in the mornings were sensational. There is also a quaint garden bar and sun loungers for travellers who want to soak up a bit of sun by the pool. Staff were friendly and the manager spoke quiet good English. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Sunflower Hotel

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Hoi An is a lovely city and Sunflower is a perfect resort to stay there if you're on a budget. We paid about 6$/person for a room for 4 people. The room was comfortable and clean. The swimming pool and lounge area are great to hang out in the evening and to meet other travelers. The lady at the desk really went out of her way when we had an issue for putting our motorbikes on the bus to hanoi. She really helped us out, and was really nice and friendly during the whole process. The location is pretty good, between the beach and the old district. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We loved staying here-- the workers were great, our room was clean and a great value. The pool area and bar were nice and a good area to meet people. Great breakfast buffet. We liked how the location was between the beach and the downtown area. The staff went above and beyond and even mailed us something we left behind. Truly a great pick!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013

A little out if town, on the road to the beach, the Sunflower Hotel is very well run. The breakfast buffet is really good value for money (being included in our room rate) and we had freshly cooked fried eggs / omelettes / pancakes every day.

The pool and sunbeds were great for relaxing and it didn't seem busy, despite being quite small.

The shuttle bus was excellent - any time we wanted to go into town they would call up the driver for us. It's meant to run every half hour, but seems to go on demand. We were impressed and tipped the driver $1 each run which seemed to surprise and delight him. He was a lovely guy and took us to the bus station at 7am (when the shuttle service was not due to start until 9am)

Immaculately clean, very friendly and helpful staff on reception. Definitely highly recommended.

We also walked to the beach - its a mile or so, but easy as its just one straight road. Stopped at the Dingo Deli for coffee half way... More Aussie than Vietnamese, but very nice too.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Worldramblings
Reviewed January 8, 2013

It is a good idea to book accommodation in Hoi An in advance during busy times of the year. My husband and I were here over New Years Eve and ended up at Sunflower because all the more popular accommodation options were booked out. Having said that, we had no major complaints with Sunflower.

The rooms are a bit old and worn, but they were clean and airy. The complimentary breakfast buffet is ok if you remember this is not a 5 star hotel and you’re not paying 5 star prices. The hotel is a little way out of the centre of Hoi An, which meant it took us about 20mins to walk in, or 5 mins on a bike (which you hire for $1/day outside the hotel). The staff were helpful and friendly.

I would stay here again if I had to, but I’d probably prefer to look for options a bit closer to the town centre.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I had a really great stay here. I loved the breakfast in the morning, the rooms are clean and spacious, the pool area is great, and it's easy to meet people if you're a solo traveller. The staff are very helpful, a lovely treat is they offer a free pick-up service if you arrive by bus, and on arrival you get a nice cold wet towel and a glass of passionfruit juice. There are bikes to hire right outside for $1 a day, and it's not far to ride into town or to the beach. There was one thing I was not happy with (they booked me a bus to Pleiku to get across the Cambodian border and they told me the wrong arrival time which meant I missed my border crossing) but I emailed them to complain about this and within the hour the owner had written back to me saying they are going to stop working with the bus company because they gave them the wrong details, they would refund me the bus ticket price AND the hotel cost of the hotel I had to stay at in Pleiku due to missing the border crossing. This I thought was exceptional customer service and due to this I am even more impressed with Sunflower hotel and would certainly go back!
AND please please please try the restaurant right next door, it's run by three young sisters and the food is probably the best I tried in Vietnam. We went there two nights in a row and didn't try one thing that we didn't love.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tessa H
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Hoi An doesn't have a lot of traditional options for backpackers but the Sunflower Hotel is awesome. It's a short walk from the bus stop (at least from where the bus stopped for us coming from Nha Trang). The breakfast is amazing, hands down the best included breakfast I had at a hostel/hotel in SEA. The mattresses are super comfortable and the rooms are clean. I actually stayed in three different rooms in the four nights I was there, as I parted ways with one new friend and joined a couple of others. The pool area is very nice and the garden bar has free billiards. The staff was good, though omelette/pancake girl refused to smile no matter what I did! :) As an aside, I found that to be common in Vietnam: people, particularly in service jobs, are either very warm or stone cold... What's that all about?

In any case, omelette girl didn't spoil my stay at this place. I highly recommend it. Rent a bicycle and explore the beautiful old city and bike the other way along the river down to the beaches.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo