“Hanh at Kimmy Custom Tailor ROCKS!”

Kimmy Custom Tailor
Ranked #2 of 409 Shopping in Hoi An
More attraction details
Owner description: Kimmy Tailor owned and run by a Vietnamese-Canadian, Kimmy Custom Tailor has been the only Western-operated tailor serving international clients for over 15 years in Hoi An. Kimmy prides itself on understanding Western styles and sensibilities, and has its own tailors and factory so it doesn't outsource the work. As a result, Kimmy keeps full control over quality at very reasonable prices and excellent customer service with over 5000 sample fabrics to choose from. Measurements are kept on file so you can re-order online later.
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I was in Hoi An for a couple of days while travelling with my BFFs through Vietnam, they recommended getting a custom suit made while we were there. We received a great recommendation for Kimmy Tailor. The service was excellent, and Hanh was the consumate professional every step of the way. Amazing they were able to fit us in for sizing and couple of fittings in less than 2 days! Me & my friends would receive free water bottles everytime we visited too. I can't wait to show off the suit :D Thank you Hanh for everything!! <3

There are newer reviews for Kimmy Custom Tailor

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were recommended kimmy through our hotel, which we are particularly grateful for! We were served by thu Lin who was professional, helpful and a lil cheeky ..... Which we liked! Always greeted with a smile too! Our clothes fit perfectly and I even had two extra dresses made in the space of our hours that fitted perfectly! We have already recommended kimmy to fellow travellers and would not hesitate to recommend to friends! Many thanks thu Lin and kimmy please await our further orders when we return home! Xx

1  Thank Kirsty C
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were a bit worried about getting some items made in Hoi An as you never really know what you will end up with, and as you are passing through, what are the chances of you ever going back!

However, we were told to go to this place by a local guide and were happy we did!
There was no high pressure selling or the usual false deadlines used. We were asked what we wanted, shown suggested fabrics and we agreed a price. We were only in Hoi An for a short while but that was not a problem, they promised to get the items made in under 24 hours - amazing!

Measurements were taken and we then had to pay 100% upfront, a little worrying but we were learning to trust these guys by now! We had to return later the next afternoon for the first fitting.

It all went well and the items (in our case 6 pairs of shorts 3 sizes and one linen shirt) were all done ahead of time and looked great.

Yes their prices are more than some of the other shops, but they are one of only 3 in the town that actually use their own staff and as a result you have better control over quality etc. That said the prices we paid were way cheaper than a non-tailored equivalent back home, so great value. Also they keep your measurements on file so if you ever want to re-order, you can do so.

Highly recommended and best to avoid the other cheaper sweat shops!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

So we were recommended kimmy tailoring by our hotel hoa my which was around the corner.
I popped in for a browse but was soon having my first fitting. The choice of suits and clothes was brilliant and the prices were great. I bought two suits and a dress for.work. Hanh was the lady who saw through my suit choice, design and fittings. She's fabulous :-) so friendly and helpful I am so happy with my beautiful clothes and would highly.recommend this tailoring shop to anyone visiting han oi.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our friends recommand Kimmys in Hoi An. So we went straight there.

When we arrived, Kim, the owner, welcomed us very friendly. It was quite busy in the shop, but they have enough staff for each costumer. My Tailor was HA. I was so lucky that I had her on my side. She was a great help to find the right material and color. She was all the time very friendly, cheerful and had all the time a smile on her face. It was a pleasure that she served me.

I ordered two dresses, a suit with pants and a skirt. In total I was tree times in the shop. The pants fitted me exactly when we tried on the first time. They had only to do some little changes at the dresses, at the skirt and at the jacket. They made everything in less then tree days.

HA work very exactly and she unterstood what I want. Thank you very much HA, I’m so happy with my new cloths.

I’m so lucky that I choose Kimmy. They work professional and with excellent material.

I can totally recommand Kimmy and as especially HA.