“Beautiful & Relaxing”

Boutique Hoi An Resort
Ranked #70 of 163 Hotels in Hoi An
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed for 8 nights in July 2014. Stayed with my husband and kids (aged 16, 13 & 11). We had two rooms in the main part of the hotel on the fourth floor. The rooms were lovely, beds comfortable. We did have a small problem with our A/C but the staff were quick to rectify this ASAP. We had the buffet breakfast daily and I found it to be more than adequate. Cereal, fruit, asian, lovely breads, eggs and omelettes cooked to your liking. The pool is beautiful, large for a small resort and never over crowded. We were always able to secure lounges at anytime of day. Very relaxing. The pool is quite warm but I like it like that. Beach is also very beautiful and enjoyable. The staff try very hard to please and I found all of them delightful. No complaints. This Resort is really lovely, not too big and also great value. In addition, only a quick $5AUD cab ride into Hoi An ancient town although the Resort do offer a free shuttle but at $5 a ride we used cabs. Would definitely stay at Boutique again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the main block can be a little noisy as they are close to the road, lots of honking but thi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Robyn400
Write a ReviewReviews (1,770)

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights with a group of 10 family and friends. Rooms were clean and well located to either the restaurant, pool or beach. Breakfast was great with a huge choice and the beach was just lovely. So clean and plenty of sun beds. My only negative would be the bathroom. For us (mid 40s) it was fine but if you were elderly or had mobility issues it is quite a climb to get in to the shower which is over a very high bath. I slipped and ended up with 2 large bruises trying to get into the bath. Also the water ran along the ledge of the bath straight to the floor effectively flooding the bathroom but room service was so frequent that any towels used to mop up excess water were quickly replaced. The gym had fairly basic equipment but it was such a relaxing resort and we did so much walking around gorgeous Hoi An that i didn't bother with the gym after my first morning. I would absolutely stay here again and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Great cheap restaurants across the road where you could also organize tours and get your laundry don...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank derfoofas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The Boutique Hoi An Resort is beautiful. I stayed here in April for 10 nights with my husband and 2 children (aged 12 & 10). The rooms are spacious, modern and very clean, we had two rooms on the top floor overlooking the sea and whilst I can't fault our rooms, it would have been better if the travel agent or the hotel had given me the option of a beach villa so the four of us could have been together.

The pool area was very clean and comfortable and getting 4 sun loungers, whatever the time of day was never problematic.

All of staff here are very friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble. Lunch around the pool was lovely as was the breakfast. I had a couple of spa treatments during my stay and they were well worth the money.

A couple of evenings we ate across the road from the hotel. My personal favourite was the restaurant on the left and the nice lady even did my washing a couple of times. I think I paid 100 Dong for 5 kilos!

The town was a short 10 minute drive away and we didn't experience any problem in getting booked onto the shuttle bus.

I would most definitely recommend this hotel and would love to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank APGKent
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. Our travel agent booked us one of beach villas, which was lovely but obviously unnecessary for just two people, having two bedrooms and bathrooms. However, it was a beautiful set of rooms. My only (small) complaint would be that the double bedroom only had a bath with a detachable shower head, which I don't think could be attached to the wall. Personally I prefer a separate shower. But it was only a short walk through the living room to the en suite shower for the other twin-bedded room! I would also have preferred a door separating the bathroom from the bedroom. The rooms were kept immaculately clean, comfortable bed, great air conditioning and loads of storage space. The beach villas are closest to the beach but shrubbery blocks a lot of the view of the sea. However, maybe this shrubbery provides more privacy.

The hotel grounds are very attractive and pleasant. The pool area is lovely, with fairly comfortable beds although, as other reviews have mentioned, the water is really quite warm. The beach was also very nice, with plenty of sun beds.

We ate a late lunch on our first day by the pool and the food was very good. However, we much preferred to go to the restaurants across the road and support the local businesses. The food was of excellent quality and less than half the price of the food in the hotel. I was really surprised that more people didn't venture out of the hotel for lunch. The restaurant owners were so welcoming and friendly and you could order both Vietnamese and Western dishes.

The breakfast at the hotel was fine; nothing special but sufficient choice.

We made use of the shuttle bus a few times but found it tricky to fit in with the times so we often got a taxi, which were always very quick to arrive and hardly expensive.

We felt it was a bit of a pity that the hotel didn't have a livelier bar in the night. It was a bit like sitting in the reception lobby. Obviously most people, like ourselves, go out to the ancient town, which was fantastic. But we sometimes like a night cap when getting back to the hotel after being out and it felt a little soulless.

The staff at the hotel, especially on reception and housekeeping, were very pleasant and helpful. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend the hotel.

3  Thank cakestin
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 8 nights in June 2014 and wanted to stay for longer!

Hoi-An is a wonderful place and just enchanting! Beautiful beaches, lovely people, great food and an amazing atmosphere in the old town at night!

Pros:
Lovely rooms facing the gardens, pool and beach. Ask for a high room in the main building and you get a sea view!

Helpful staff willing to help you wherever possible

Beautiful stretch of beach outside hotel where you can walk along at lunch time and find small restaurants serving delicious cheap food. FYI- there were also places out of the hotel roadside and turn left. Our fave was Mia Casa 10 mins walk away!

Large pool with comfy sunbeds. Happy hour later in the afternoon offering discount cocktails

Excellent shuttle service into Hoi an in the evenings. Where this was oversubscribed, hotel even paid for
Taxis for us.

Cons: Nothing significant!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarrajw
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Boutique Hoi An Resort is very beautiful. The rooms are large, very comfortable and clean and our deluxe room in the main building had a great view of the gardens and pool. The beach and pool areas are just beautiful and well maintained, the perfect place to relax and enjoy the sun. There were plenty of sun loungers, but the hotel wasn't full, so there might be a shortage if they were fully booked. The free shuttle bus into town was very convenient and they provided free taxis if the shuttle was full.
They had a huge selection of delicious, fresh food for breakfast.
The resort services were very expensive (but what do you expect from a 5 star resort), however the restaurants, laundry service and massages in the small shops across the road from the hotel provide cheaper alternatives and they were all fabulous. It's only a 10 min ride into the town, so there are plenty of options.
The service was a bit indifferent at times, not as friendly or as eager to please as other places we have stayed in Vietnam.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Hoi An and would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful and have a view of the pool and gardens. We did notice that the villas aroun...
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have only just arrived here.......I can already tell we will be back as soon as we can possibly book another holiday!!! Location,rooms,staff and food are beyond words....
This place is simply stunning,I have fallen in love with it, perfect for my 50th birthday celebrations.

Room Tip: We are in a villa closest to the beach
2  Thank Kathy S